Pure Freedom

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Knoxy, Mar 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Well I took my van off to Grimsby yesterday 4hr drive:( made it there for 9am, after a quick run through of were the system would fit etc I was whisked off to go out for some training with Bryan, a local window cleaner with years of experience, Bryan was very friendly and professional.
    He talked me through how the system worked and loads tips on how to make life easier and safer while working.
    We went off and done a few houses with a Pure Freedom trolley, I was very impressed with the ease of use of the trolley, we were using a prototype carbon pole which I thought was OK.
    After my training I was dropped off at the local shopping center for some lunch and window shopping, I was picked up then taken back to the workshop and given a run through and told if there was anything I needed to know they are just a phone call away :)
    Right then got up this morning and couldn't wait to try out the new system, Done my my house and next door, first thing I noticed was how heavy the fiberglass pole was compared to the carbon pole and how bendy it is, my shoulders were killing by the time I finished.
    Next door have not had their windows cleaned for years so I cleaned theirs first it's a large 3 bed detached with a huge conservatory, took me 50 Min's but I did spend 10 Min's chatting.
    After the windows dried they do have quite a few run marks on them, I was told yesterday that if its a first clean it will need 3 cleans before its spot/run free?
    My house came up a treat, cleaned the conservatory roof too and the gutters as well as the garage doors.
    Been a great leaning curve and now I just need a few things to complete my shopping list such as sSwear word!er, cloths, battery charger and most important a money bag ;)
    Will try and post some pics later.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

Sounds like you had a good time Knoxy! Pure Freedom is an excellent company you can't go wrong. Fibre glass poles are very bendy, no where near as light or rigid as the carbon fibre poles. But anyways, get some pics up!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cjtpjw

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Well done mate

4. mark m

mark m Hero

Well done HURRY UP WITH THE PICTURES :):)

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Hey knoxy, your comments re the fibreglass pole put me in mind of my 1st time doing 'high up' windows!. I was due to be training for 3 weeks with the guy i bought the work from, but the friday before, he phoned me up and asked if i was free to go with him that day, he though i would find it useful. So the 1st job was a 4 story building, and he gave me a shot of his big fibreglass pole, what a ***htmare!, i just couldnt get it to go where i wanted, and was staggering about like a drunk trying to stay balanced!. Like you, my shoulders were killing me, but it keeps you fit!. Nearly 3 years later i'm still using a fibreglass pole myself, a 34', and while i would absolutely love to replace it with a carbon pole, i just cant spare the funds!.

So stick with your fibreglass pole at the moment, it does the job, and you (and your arms/shoulders) will get used to it!. It will be very tempting to go straight out and buy a carbon pole (especially reading posts on here!), which is fine if you can afford it, but if things are a bit tight money wise, it isnt a priority!.

6. simon

simon Guru

good on you mate all good advice & the 3 clean thing is good for customers & untill you get your confidence up -

7. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

8. James

James Guru

Mateee that is smart! Wanna swap :D

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?w535fs

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Looking flash pal.

10. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

I'll swap poles, I think after a couple of weeks using the fiberglass one I'll have arms like prize winning ham's.

Advertisement