Pure Water Cleaning

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Posh, Jul 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Anyone clean the trad way but with pure water in the bucket with a bit of bubbly. Just wondered if it cleaned better & do you have to detail as much.

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

I remember once there was a chap who trades in Germany who did it with pure and eventually ecover, swore by it, said his custies were very picky and using pure was better.
    Personally, I don't see the joy

3. mark m

mark m Hero

I use ecover with pure water it make no difference at all. The water is in the back of the van so i use it

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I saw on here somewhere, someone said that as soon as you mop a dirty window then put the mop in the bucket to get it wet again the ppm goes up as its drity.

don't quote me on it, and could someone back me up to say this is true?

5. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

yh i agree its kinda pointless, i thought pure water worked as it had no minerals/detergants in it and so dries spot free? as soon as you put ecover in its gonna leave the same drying soaplines i think

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Hey gmeister, that was my idea I mentioned about using pure water, then masons came and kicked me told me it was no use lol. But when ever I am out and need to change water I used my pure water, but after a few dips you can see all wee particles floating about, so I agree with masons.. It's like having an ashtray on a motorbike

7. WindowCleaningCardiff

I use pure water because we use WFP at the same time and i have the water ready. I tell my clients that its better for the windows, but like Belfastcleaning says...

makes no difference.

first post!

8. simon

simon Guru

i do all my insides with pure & fairy & cant see any difference to water thats been used all day , i never changed mine when trad unless they looked in my bucket lol

9. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

You can use dirty water, its the squeegee that cleans the window

10. Paul

Paul Guest

I do because I only carry pure water no other reason with a bit of Ecover

Advertisement