Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik 2000/Virosol advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Thinking about buying some Ubik 2000 or Virosol for use on FSG cleans and would appreciate some advice if possible?

Where's the best place and best price to buy from?

Exactly how do you use yours?

What size container would you recommended buying?

How long would lets say a 20ltr container usually last you?

And finally what's in your opinion better Ubik or Virosol

Cheers in advance

Buy it from a cleaning supplies shop, you'll usually find one on most industrial estates, just google them in your area.

Buy the 5L, and if you can get a pump for the top of it like your hand soap dispensors, I bought one just the other day, pick it up from the same place as the cleaner and they'll advise you which one you need as they all have different threads.

Its nothing special or magical, just a nice strong industrial cleaner. Stick a bit in your bucket, or dilute it in a spray bottle. You can't really go wrong with it, although it supposedly marks pvc if left to dry, so I make sure I always wash it off my pvc cat suit when I'm done.

Ubik is way better imo..leaves a nice shine on plastics too

I just pour a bit in a sprayer and then fill with water..i suppose about 10:1 or weaker

Really dirty green frames and fascias i will do it stronger but then you can't leave it for long to soak as it can turn upvc yellow (i have done this once and was hard to scour off with magic sponges)

Ubik is way better imo..leaves a nice shine on plastics tooI just pour a bit in a sprayer and then fill with water..i suppose about 10:1 or weaker

Really dirty green frames and fascias i will do it stronger but then you can't leave it for long to soak as it can turn upvc yellow (i have done this once and was hard to scour off with magic sponges)
Thanks for the advice @daveyboy1, with regards to the sprayer what type do you use? I'm not to keen on using ladders (please don't judge me LoL ;-)) so how do you spray FSG using sprayer?

Also what about Con roof cleans? What's the best way to handle it getting on the glass? Will it do any harm? Cheers mate

Buy it from a cleaning supplies shop, you'll usually find one on most industrial estates, just google them in your area.
Buy the 5L, and if you can get a pump for the top of it like your hand soap dispensors, I bought one just the other day, pick it up from the same place as the cleaner and they'll advise you which one you need as they all have different threads.

Its nothing special or magical, just a nice strong industrial cleaner. Stick a bit in your bucket, or dilute it in a spray bottle. You can't really go wrong with it, although it supposedly marks pvc if left to dry, so I make sure I always wash it off my pvc cat suit when I'm done.
Thanks @TolishAPurd just found one local to me :thumbsup:

I spray with a 7.5l pump up sprayer with a short lance on the end

For high work i spray on to my brush and apply with that

I am on the lookout for some correct diameter plastic tube to spray higher jobs with

Or as suggested by someone else on here use a length of pole hose attached to the end of your pole just to reach from sprayer

I spray with its reallydo 7.5l pump up sprayer with a short lance on the endFor high work i spray on to my brush and apply with that

I am on the lookout for some correct diameter plastic tube to spray higher jobs with

Or as suggested by someone else on here use a length of pole hose attached to the end of your pole just to reach from sprayer
Mosskillers do a 5.5 metre lance I got one a few weeks back I do all my gutter cleans with it really good

Never tried Ubik. I buy 2x 5L of Virosol off eBay for under 20 quid delivered. I mix it at about 10:1 or 5:1. I have a 5L pump sprayer that I have added a length of hose and old pole to. It also has an in-line tap. I stuck the nozzle and short piece of lance to an old angle adapter that fits in the end of the pole. I pump it up, extend the pole and turn the tap on and spray.

Tuffers top tip: add water to your pump bottle before adding the chems. Reason being it will froth up a lot if you put the chems in first.

Back