Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water system HELP!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi, 

I am a car detailer and would like to start using a static pure water system to fill a tank in my unit which I will then need to unload into my 400L tank in my transit connect. This will be gravity fed though as the ibc tank will be stored up in the roof so no pump needed. I've checked my tap psi which is 104psi, which I believe is high enough that I don't need any booster pumps right? I use a maximum of 400 litres of water a day, and im not even on the road all week, maybe 3 days or so! I'll probably have a 1000 litre ibc tank at the unit. 

My issue mainly is I'm being told so many different things about needing a system that has a 5 stage purification system with automatic flushing and this and that, which I'm sure I don't need. Essentially I just need enough to create maybe 1000L a day to fuel for future expansion, and the ppm needs to be 0 every time without fail. Can somebody recommend a system that's realistic for my situation, ideally that I can leave running permanently without any intervention, that I can run into the ibc tank to fill and shut off on its own with out over filling. The least waste water I can produce the better, as although I don't currently pay for water at all, I don't want to take the p155 and then end up having to pay for it!

Currently, this seems like a good system to suit my needs, my issue is how would it auto shut off when the tank is full.

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie---the-little-genie-static-ro-4021-professional-system-2717-p.asp

I'd really appreciate any help that can be given, I'm fed up of companies trying to sell me £3k systems!

Thanks 

Your tap TDS has nothing to do with a booster pump, that is governed by your water pressure. Have a word with @doug atkinson from Daqua, he gives very honest advice. He might cost you a few quid extra but rest assured you'll have the correct equipment to supply you the pure water you need.
Thankyou, and yes I’m aware of that, i didn’t mention those two had any affect on each other did I ? Thanks you, I will send him a message ?

Hi, 

I am a car detailer and would like to start using a static pure water system to fill a tank in my unit which I will then need to unload into my 400L tank in my transit connect. This will be gravity fed though as the ibc tank will be stored up in the roof so no pump needed. I've checked my tap psi which is 104psi, which I believe is high enough that I don't need any booster pumps right? I use a maximum of 400 litres of water a day, and im not even on the road all week, maybe 3 days or so! I'll probably have a 1000 litre ibc tank at the unit. 

My issue mainly is I'm being told so many different things about needing a system that has a 5 stage purification system with automatic flushing and this and that, which I'm sure I don't need. Essentially I just need enough to create maybe 1000L a day to fuel for future expansion, and the ppm needs to be 0 every time without fail. Can somebody recommend a system that's realistic for my situation, ideally that I can leave running permanently without any intervention, that I can run into the ibc tank to fill and shut off on its own with out over filling. The least waste water I can produce the better, as although I don't currently pay for water at all, I don't want to take the p155 and then end up having to pay for it!

Currently, this seems like a good system to suit my needs, my issue is how would it auto shut off when the tank is full.

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie---the-little-genie-static-ro-4021-professional-system-2717-p.asp

I'd really appreciate any help that can be given, I'm fed up of companies trying to sell me £3k systems!

Thanks 
If you are looking to automate the filling then this will ensure the tank is full. Thus one has the option to switch a booster pump which you do not currently need.  http://springltd.co/v16-m-bpc This could be set to auto filling and each time the float drops the system will run

A simpler auto shut off system would be something like this https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/pump-control-units/v1-simple-autofill-controller/ This is a One time fill system and wil need to manually restarted each time

On 28/10/2021 at 16:02, doug atkinson said:

Video I made several years ago when I was younger ?. This will give you a brief view on how it works 

Really helpful thanks Doug. I have since purchased a second hand system with 3 x 20” pre filters, a 40” ro filter, a resin to follow. I also have an ibc on the way. The last step of the puzzle is for how I can automate production and auto start/stop when the tank is full! Is this something you can help with? Thanks again - Lewis 

If you are looking to automate the filling then this will ensure the tank is full. Thus one has the option to switch a booster pump which you do not currently need.  http://springltd.co/v16-m-bpc This could be set to auto filling and each time the float drops the system will run

A simpler auto shut off system would be something like this https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/pump-control-units/v1-simple-autofill-controller/ This is a One time fill system and wil need to manually restarted each time
Hi Ian, thanks for the info! What would you recommend then if I would like to have both auto stop and auto start, but don’t need a booster pump ? 

thanks ?

Hi Ian, thanks for the info! What would you recommend then if I would like to have both auto stop and auto start, but don’t need a booster pump ? 

thanks ?
The V16M BPC is a good way to automate water production with or without a booster pump. The socket output future proofs the investment if at some point a pump is needed

Back