pure water

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by jambo113, Feb 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

hi ive been thinking of getting a wfp system for a bit just for doing connys gutters and awkward windows but not sure what do do about my pure water, i will only probally want 4-5 25 litre barrels a month i live in a hard water area tds about 350 would it be worth buying an exspensive ro system or can i just just use a di vessel will this puryfy the water enough and will it use a lot of resin [hr]
    and what do you all think of this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extend2wash-WS18T-trolley-backpack-charger-NEW-/130553471971?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1e6597e3e3#ht_2908wt_970

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

A small di tank is gonna cost at least £40, a 25litre bag of resin will be about £80 inc vat. There are small r/o systems on ebay (3-400 gpd) for £120-130. So there isnt really that much of a saving, although with 350ppm, an r/o on its own might only take your water down to 10-15ppm. If you are only planning on using 100-125 litres per month, i would try the di only, to start with anyway. If you then decide to try r/o, you will prob need di also, which you will already have!.

3. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

I agree with the first answer, you would only need DI only for the amount of water you mentioned. Double or triple the DI vessel to get the most from the resin.

4. James

James Guru

I have a feeling you will need to buy a filteration system, the D.I. will bring it down but not by much. Need it as close to 0ppm as possible or there's no point in using the reach & wash system, might as well just go traditional.

James.

Advertisement