Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much to pay leafletters?

Hi,

I've got some people ready to do some leafleting for us and I'm just stuck on how much to pay them. Do you pay for the number of leaflets dropped or the hours worked? I want to do what's fair to them but not make it so expensive that we can't afford to do it again.

We're going to leaflet drop in some posh areas with big mansions spread out from each other and more average housing estates where the housing is more compact, so it's quite varied in terms of how many houses they'll manage in one hour.

The people we have ready to work haven't done this before either so also don't know what the going rate is.

Thanks a lot,

Jo

Hi,
I've got some people ready to do some leafleting for us and I'm just stuck on how much to pay them. Do you pay for the number of leaflets dropped or the hours worked? I want to do what's fair to them but not make it so expensive that we can't afford to do it again.

We're going to leaflet drop in some posh areas with big mansions spread out from each other and more average housing estates where the housing is more compact, so it's quite varied in terms of how many houses they'll manage in one hour.

The people we have ready to work haven't done this before either so also don't know what the going rate is.

Thanks a lot,

Jo
I dont have any personal experience of leaflets but came across this thread, a few years old but some useful information in there.

Flyer drops- how much do you pay?

BIG PROBLEMS THESE DAYS ARE WHAT HAPPENS WEN UR NOT THERE DO THEY BIN A HANDFUL of leaflets if working per 1000 or if on time they r like snails

i pay kids in the summer to do mine but do it with them ur talking 6-9 each kid gets a 10er but haven done it since last year lol

dont ask for more than 5 hours or theyll cheat i guarantee you . i found four hours to be the max and to get any sort of loyalty pay has to be a tenner per hour in the hand i.e 40 notes each day

I'd do them yourself in an evening, that way you can tell if there not the type of customer you want, such as massively overgrown gardens or a mini landfill site out front. Also means if you get a walk up you can quote on the spot. Plus it'll save you a few quid on wages.

Yep, find time to deliver them yourselves. I get quite a few jobs from chatting to potential customers when leafleting.

I do them all myself you can avoid the **** houses and for the people that want a quote there and the you can do it. I also like the option that you see one with filthy Windows and someone's in just knock the door there and then even better. Also no wages to pay.

I do them all myself you can avoid the **** houses and for the people that want a quote there and the you can do it. I also like the option that you see one with filthy Windows and someone's in just knock the door there and then even better. Also no wages to pay.
Totally agree with Chris, why not send them out for 4 hours give them £40 then do 4 hours yourself see the difference for yourself.

Slightly off thread but how much does it cost to have the post office deliver them.

One thing I did in the early days is team up with another business. My brother in law was starting his computer repair business at the time so he was doing the same. We would go out on drops, and obviously it was double the amount I could drop. Because the mother in law would help also from time to time we would cover pretty large areas in a small amount of time. Well worth it. I even had an offer from a business to drop theirs while I did mine, but things got very busy after that.

Ive gotta say im with the mindset that the personal touch is better, but I have taken a phone number of a trustworthy looking local avon lady for possible use in the future. It might be worth seeing who is already going door to door or flyering in your area.

best to have a back up plan installed before you start cos folk drop this job very quickly. how i did it was to have a small ad running in the shop windows "leafletter wanted partime,good money" this meant i always had a few peoples number in my fone who were ready to giv it a go. most only did 1 session. but then by session 2 the cheating starts and by session 3 theyre gone.

i leafletted regularly probably 45 weeks every year for over 2 yrs and it cost me about 40quid every single week if i averaged it out. it worked very well for me

Get whoever does the leaflets to download United Kingdom Walking - Routes, Trails and Races and use that when they are delivering on their phone. It should be obvious if they have been slacking or not actually delivering and just walking around. £10 an hour is about right if they get on with it. If they can identify good and bad potential houses and act accordingly maybe a little more.

BIG PROBLEMS THESE DAYS ARE WHAT HAPPENS WEN UR NOT THERE DO THEY BIN A HANDFUL of leaflets if working per 1000 or if on time they r like snails
i pay kids in the summer to do mine but do it with them ur talking 6-9 each kid gets a 10er but haven done it since last year lol
how much are you paying the little fellas? just advertised on local facebook page looking for a distributor- even said they could play pokemon go. Deliver the leaflets and find the virtual gyms!

uv got to supervise every session otherwise you can waste a lot of money on dud leafletting

a good way to check up is about 2 hours in to a leafletting session call up your leafletter tell them youre driving out of town on an errand ok,be back in 2 hours time,,,oh by the way where exactly are you rite now? i once caught a lazy barsteward sat motionless in a bus shelter and another buying a shopping cart in a charity store

Last edited:
Must say after a trial with a leafletter , that i only really do it myself or the wife gets put to work . Just use the sparetime . Im currently focusing hard , cos we moved a year ago from the big City to the country where im originally from . Its 150 km away , and im working up my rounds the new place . But still travels alot to Copenhagen to work , and i HATE it ...

Back