Purefreedom 450gpd RO

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gray, Jan 31, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gray

Gray Member

Has anyone got a purefreedom RO that understands how it works? Other RO's seem different when flushed compared to this. Tap is at 235-240ppm. The ppm is creeping up on production, is now at 24-25ppm before DI. Month ago it was bout 18-20ppm.

The pre filters only been in couple of months and membranes bout 10 months flush 3-4 times per week.
    Water pressure good but don't have a gauge.

I no that the RO works harder with the colder water and pressure can drop at this time of year and production can slow which I don't think it has but if you understand the purefreedom RO on flush the production is about 12-13ppm, flush off it increases to 24-25ppm which is normal production.

Is the ppm increasing because the water is so cold at this time of year or could there be another issue?

Advertisement
  2. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Hopefully one of the pure freedom guys will come on here and answer that. I have a similar scenario with my Vyair regarding production rates, but I just put it down to water temp being very cold thus membranes not work as effective as in the warmer months.

3. mkn8382

mkn8382 Active Member

Just give them a call they are very helpful and will do anything they can

4. Gray

Gray Member

Thanks and have done, they are very helpful. Sounds like it could be the membranes on the way out after 10 months! But booster pump could help reduce ppm and increase productivity

5. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Hi Gray I have the collins water 450GPD one. 250PPM going in and after 3 years my PPM coming out is between 50 and 60 :eek: . I think my membranes are proper fooked. Where abouts in Staffs are you, I'm in Stoke.

6. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

Did you not ask them for advice before buying or did you just buy directly off their site .

7. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

I'm in Rugeley until Saturday morning so if your local I can have a look and advise if you want help

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

Doug is top man talked me through when i messed my RO , Plus offers great products .

9. brianbadonde

brianbadonde Member

Gray, I have this same unit. In my experience this is quite normal. Mine are exactly the same. Starys off at between 10-15, and over a year it creeps up to 25 or thereabouts, and continues to go up until I eventually buy new membranes. It's one of those costs that needs to be factored in to your costs. As long as you replace the membranes every 3_4 months and flush for 15 mins twice per week there isn't much more you can do.

IME the cold weather doesn't affect my RO's water tds.

10. Nick pegler DWC

Nick pegler DWC Active Member

I have the pure freedom ro system with booster pump water before ro is high at around 300 after ro it's coming out at 5 I flush each week and change pre filters every 6 months membranes about a year give or take also resin last for ages really pleased with this little system

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Advertisement