Purified Water Storage Contamination, Help!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shinycleanwindows, Mar 26, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I am farly ew to this so any help would be appreciated. I am using a watertank (which has been used for ranwater stoage previously) and the water value TDS is way too high.

My RO/DI filters are throwing the water out between 3-6 which is fine. However after filling my tank that water is coming out between 25-30.

After acquiring the tank I flushed it with a hosepipe and half a bottle of washing up liquid. I then spent several hours flushing allremnants of the fairy liquid from the tank.

The problem did not occur at first until it got about half full. I ra the tak down to about 1/4 full, thwn started refilling it. This time after filling one 25 litre can the water level wold cme down to 12, which I deem acceptable. Three days later no changes apart from runningabout 150 litres more water into the tank and we are back at 25.

Any advice how I can econtaminate this tank please?

Thank you

Michael

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Biggest problem is using the hose pipe and the fairy!!!!!!

If you would have just let nature take its course the PPM would have settled down on or around a week of filling and emptying.

You need to keep flushing with pure water.

Can you recirculate water in the tank at all.

Pump it out from bottom and fill it at top.

That would help no end.

And welcome!

3. Joe

Joe Active Member

DI on the way out of the tank?

4. I eep trying to circulate the water in the tank with the aim of doing this. Unfortunately, when I got the tank it was covered inside with green algae, hence my reason for flushing with normal water as it needed some serious power to remove. This is twice the tank has now been filled, Ill try emptying and refilling again, I empty at the bottom and fill from the top as you suggested. Thanks for your time

Michael

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use one 1000 ltr static tank for just ro/di production which is always kepted at 0 pmm. It gets jet washed about once a year when needed to remove any algae growth then I just rinse/wash it out again with pure.

The other static tanks I use are for filtered havesting rainwater that can read anything between 10-35 ppm in the holding tanks. To bring the ppm down I just use submersible pumps or my pf trolley (100 psi pump) with inline filters & di tank attached to produce 0 ppm water that is normaly pumped straight into my van tank or containers when needed. I could also pump it back into other holding tanks if I want to clean one of them out instead of throwing good water down the drain.

Not sure why you are not that bothered about using 0 ppm as resin is cheap as chips. :rolleyes:

Advertisement