Purifying suggestions?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gleam123, Jul 6, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Ok as some of you may know I have a terribly slow RO system that im getting rid of and need a bit of advice about where to go next.

The ppm round here is about 56 straight from the hose and without the RO MAN but just with it going through my carbon block filter I can get it down to 0.9ppm which im sure isnt good enough.

It has been suggested that I invest in a DI vessel but am wondering if I were to go down this route and fill my tank from the hose then have the water go through my carbon filter then the DI vessel would this have a significant impact on my tds readings?

Sorry for the long post but need to make sure im not spending where I dont need to.

Thanks

Ben

Advertisement
  2. If you put tap water with a ppm of 56 straight through for example 11 litre DI vessel the water coming out the other end will read 000, if you use 2 DI vessels however it will read 000 for alot longer and if you add your carbon block filter in before the DI vessels alot longer again. With tap water readings like 56ppm your filters will last ages. If you have two DI vessels when the ppm starts to rise at the hose end then the first DI vessel will be spent so refill that with resin and then swap them over using the DI vessel that was the secondary vessel as the primary and the primary vessel that was refilled as the secondary, your filters will last ages!!

Hope you can make sense of this.

Col :)

3. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Col your a hero mate, really appreciate your advice and first thing tomorrow I will invest in a DI vessel.

Not that hard to set up either are they?

4. simple to set up using normal everyday garden hose and hose connections, check ebay for the cheapest DI vessels

Col :)

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm
    Try these.May not be the cheapest but good service and I sure if you rang them they would advise and get you sorted out.
    Dont get anything smaller than 11L or you will be forever changing resin

6. Agreed with nearly clean minimum of 11litre vessels, the link he has in his post are a great company, they are based on my door step i use them all the time

col

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Good advice from Colin about 2 vessels,
    have you seen these on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/di-resin-vessel-window-cleaning-bio-filter-10inx19in-/150627543039?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item231219e7ff

good price, am going to get a 7 litre one to carry with me in case I run out of water for that odd last job.

8. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Excellent price those Flipfast thanks for that, if I was to get two of those on that link you sent through do you think that would be acceptable with a 350ltr tank?

Or would one and a carbon filter be sufficiant?

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

you will still need to get resin and load them but that isn't hard,You get away with one but two is better if your using 350 L plus a day five days a week

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Try this DI calculator - will give you a more accurate idea of how much resin you will be using, and how often you will need to change.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/De-Ionisation_Calculator.html

As Colin said - it is a really good idea to use 2 vessels -that way when you change them they are absolutely exhausted.

Advertisement