push fit/ rectus

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, May 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

i've always used john guest push fitting on my hose reel to pole hose but i'm wondering if the rectus type might be easier/quicker, any one used both & got an opinion please

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Rectus type fittings start to leak after a while IF you disconnect a lot. I use EZ-Snap and disconnect everytime I put my pole back in the van. They start leaking after a couple of weeks.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use jg and rectus and dislike the rectus
    They are easy to disconnect/connect but have a tendency to catch on things and pop open and go wrong after a while
    Also they are heavier and you need protectaballs ideally where a 8mm-8mm push fit is more slimline and nothing to go wrong with it and if it does it is peanuts to replace

4. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use rectus fittings anywhere they will get dragged along the floor. Only place I use them is connecting to my pole. My have the tubeless setup on both so the rectus fitting is inside the ex-ceed ejector sleeve. I like that the rectus is a waterstop connector. I use JGs at the brush head and to fit an extension section in my hose should I need it.

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i,m using the clamber hose lock fitting fits straught onto the 8mm hose of the reel, so easy to use and you get the male fitting for the pole hose
    £5 a poke used them two years now ideal

6. simon

simon Guru

have you got a link for the male fitting please

7. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I got them too - do you prefer to EZ snap duncs ?

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Get them from pure freedom Simon

9. simon

simon Guru

shame, i add sections to my pole a lot so the end of the pole hose has to go right through easily & i just found one of the male connectors, no idea why i got it, but it wont fit up the pole

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

gardiners sell the clamber orange fitting and also the male fitting to match. it is just like a hoselock
    this is what i prefer now
    you can disconnect the two easy,the only problem is you dont twist the two fitting together for a connection or you will brake the fitting inside the clamber ,you just push it straught in

Advertisement