Putting in Tenders.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by mdpeake, Jun 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mdpeake

mdpeake Member

Hello all, I have been working on my round now for 6 months and I have 40 customers. My tactics to-date are to try and target big domestic or commercial properties and I haven't been doing too bad. Could offer any advice about how to go about putting in tenders for work at local authority properties because I really wouldn't know where to start.

Many thanks in advance.....:)

;) :D :D

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

u got 40 customers in 6 months? I been trading for 30 days today and i got 39 regular customers already. Thats not including my 1 off cleans either. I work part time aswell. Your better of targetting all domestic to boost u up, target a housing estate. Knock on some doors.

3. laddergarder

this is an old post of mine which I think may give you a little food for thought...

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Well said ladder .

In the time I have been going I have i suppose underpriced a couple of mine but I have to grin and bear it as im still building my round . but I know eventually I will get better at pricing them up .
    I wouldnt go chasing big jobs as yet either like you say concentrate on your core customers they will be the ones who stick with you .
    leave the bigger jobs to the big fish at the moment .

5. harunh

harunh Legend

gav im on the same boat as u.. Got a few underpriced, but aslong as my monthly takings improve then am a happy bunni lol

6. Posh

Posh Hero

95./' of my work is domestic. I don't go looking for commercial but if offered obviously I take it. I have 6 shops 1 pub 1 solicitors 1 set of offices and a school & they all came to me rather then I won't to them. I love domestic although I find all my commercial pay on the day apart from the school but only wait 3 days when I've invoiced them.

7. harunh

harunh Legend

sounds good, where u from posh?

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Little village called Sawston just outside Cambridge.

9. harunh

harunh Legend

I wish some commercial contat me ! :)

10. Posh

Posh Hero

Once you get a name & word gets about you will believe me.

Advertisement