Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just In Case It Happens To You.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chip

Finished a job last week and jumped in the van, turned the key....and nothing from the turnover at all. Radio worked but not even a slight jolt from the engine. Immobiliser light flashing like a pinball machine and the van making the noise it does if I open the door with keys in the ignition. Called rac, he hadn't a clue and towed me home and suggested an auto electrician. So calls one up, and he has a look and is baffled, then out the corner of his eye spotted that the earth had rotted free! Cost 40 quid for him to sort it, what with the callout, was glad really, was expecting a disaster, but had I known, could probably have paid a mechanic a tenner to crimp it, if not rigged it myself, then there's the day plus work lost! So just a heads up if you ever get it happen to you. Mines a berlingo, but guess these things are pretty similar throughout!

Latest Posts

Back