Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro system help needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

On our R/O, the first filter with the clear bowl is the 10" sediment filter. It will be the water inlet and will have an arrow to indicate the direction of the water flow. (However, the contents of the clear filter looks like half used resin.) The second housing was a carbon block filter. The third housing can either be a second carbon filter IE GAC filter or a DI resin filter, depending on the manufacture/supplier. Ours has clear bowls on all housings.

If all 3 housing are linked together, which they look as though they are, then the third housing isn't a resin cartridge. It shouldn't have resin in it. If the third housing was a resin housing, it would have a 1/4" pipe going from the pure outlet of each membrane to the inlet and the outlet would go to your tank.

Nowadays you can buy a Fiberdyne carbon block filter which can also be used as a sediment filter as well. so if you go that route then the Fiberdyne filter will go in the first housing and the second will be left empty.

The Roman type we had/still have used the third housing as a DI vessel. It wasn't much good TBH. I invested in two more 10" housings with resin cartridges. In hindsight, I should have just bought a proper di vessel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thanks for your help, I have a brodex 250 ro system, however for the odd job got a trolley system and this was just going to be used as we live in a hard water area TDs about 235. I will run through a di vessel at pole stage.

If those housings are all linked together with plastic barrel nipples then the first housing on the inlet side is the sediment filter. I would put a Fiberdyne carbon filter in the second housing and leave the third housing empty. The pipe should then split on the way to the membrane housings and enter on the screw cap side of each membrane housing. (However some suppliers have different ways of routing this pipe. Some take the pipe into the first housing and then connect the supply from the first housing's waste to the inlet of the second housing.)

I prefer to split the pipe to the membrane housings so each membrane is dealing with the same water tds. The wastes from both membranes are joined together with a restrictor before going to the drain. The pure outlets are also joined and head off to the holding tank.

Back