Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by norm, Nov 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

What do you get when you are safely up your ladder and reach that wee bit further than usual to clear that last bit of gutter?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]For me I either move my gutter clearing ladder setup over or use a longer pole (gutter clearing tool attached) that is when only safe to do so. Never be tempted to over-reach as that is when you are more likely to take a tumble. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If you don't have an ankalad (outriggers) fitted to your ladder and microlite standoff I would strongly advise you get them as working above the guttering makes the job so much easier and safer to do especially doing pole work. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] IMG_5683.JPG [/SIZE]

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I carry a selection of telescopic poles in the van from 2m 3m & 5m depends on the length of guttering needs clearing. Also I can attached gutter clearing tools to a wfp angle adaptor (with male acme thread) so can either from the ground push the **** along the guttering to the ladder if I want or use it like this instead.

IMG_5596.JPG

4. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

How do you dispose of the **** smurf?

Do you gutter vac it? Or do you throw it down and get it from the ground?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends if I'm needing to use a guttervac or not on awkward bits of the house. If so I could suck it out but most often I just handball it out into plastic disposible shopping bags that is kept above the guttering clipped to the microlite standoff bars .. If wet then the water will start to drain out of the bottom of the bag into the gutter so makes it lighter to carry it back down the ladder.

Large amount of sods like this job I was lucky enough just to drop it down into the hedge outside of their fence. Mind you I also had warning cones out to corden off the area as well just incase some numpty walking their dog got to close to the hedge.

IMG_5693.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

Could have also put a tarp down on the floor with a bin to drop it in but could not be arsed on that one as the hedge saved time on cleanup

6. norm

norm Grand Master

Words of wisdom Smurf
    In this case 4hrs in a+e
    ,A seperated shoulder
    broken bone in hand
    wound in head glued together
    big box of painkillers
    be careful everyone :Image13:

7. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Jesus norm! U nutter

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

and how much was that job worth? :Image4: You are one very lucky dude to come off so lightly.

Can you kindly tell us what actualy happend norm including type of ladder being used, how it was set and if you were using any safety gear on your ladder to help stop it moving.

9. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

10. norm

norm Grand Master

Advertisement