Question???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by rjacandwc, Feb 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Every month I return to a regular customer who has somekind of Shrub which shoots small type seeds which stick to the rear french windows. It like a World War... Any tips on removing these all quickly. At present I am using a sSwear word!er blade and it is taking me ages to do the doors each month...

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Are you trad?, im assuming so if you are using a sSwear word!er. Im wfp only and if i get any windows like that, i will give them a good rinse 1st, to let the pure water loosen it up, then when i come to wash it, it comes off pretty easily. If you are trad, im afraid i've no answers, other than soaking the window as much as possible before trying to clean it off.

3. laddergarder

We have this on our welcome letter and website:-

Our standard clean will clean off general built up of dust and dirt on your windows, and we will use glass sSwear word!ers to remove the occasional more stubborn compacted residue.

It basically means, that we will scape off the odd bit of bird Swear word!, but if allot of sSwear word!ing is involved we will charge more, and if its something a general clean will not remove, then it is not covered with our standard cleaning method, and a more aggressive cleaning method would be required, which will likely cost more.

My only advice is, charge for your time, tell the customer that your generally cleaning method is not removing the seeds, and allot of sSwear word!ping is required. Tell them, you can sSwear word!e it off each month, but you would have to increase her price by £x.xx or just clean of what you can, at the price you have quoted, by you would not be able to spend allot of time, removing the seeds.

4. Posh

Posh Hero

You have to tell them that it will cost a bit more if they want it all off. How many times have we all turned up at a house. And next door have decided to spray there fence and covered the window or They've painted there house and bits of paint are everywhere. I tell them that yes in time I will sSwear word!e bits off and in time it will all go or say to them give me an xtra £xx and I will spend an xtra half hour whatever and do it in one lump. There choice.

5. laddergarder

I had a guy just last month, who had someone re-seal his windows, and they had got the glue everywhere. He ask me about it, and I told him the usual, it cant be removed with a standard clean, and really needs to be sSwear word!ed off, we gave one bit a go, but it took ages to remove and there unfortunately was allot of this stuff everywhere.

He said he knew it would take probably all day to sSwear word!e it off, and he would give us a shout next month to get it done. But I told him, no sorry but we are already overbooked and cant take on a job that will take a day to do, especially for a one off, it would make us late to our other customers which we are not prepared to do. Plus we would charge you £200 per man per day, which was more than he probably paid to have the windows re-sealed by the plonkers who did it.

6. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Cheers all above for your comments...

7. James

James Guru

Yes, either charge them extra or bump up the price of their clean. Don't waste your time doing it for silly money if it's not worth it.

James.

8. steel wool available from homebase etc, charge them extra

9. Mark Henderson

Try one of these white nylon pads:
    http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=220&SectionID=13

I usually cut them in half.

Work well on that kind of thing and its quicker than sSwear word!ing.

[hr]
    White nylon pads work well for that kind of thing and it's usually quicker than sSwear word!ing.

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=220&SectionID=13

Advertisement