Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quote comparison

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AndyD

Quoted this last week and just wanted to know what you guys would quote for it. On the front there are another two windows which are out of shot (one double and one single). Windows only quote(conservatory windows also, but not roof). Only second job I’ve quoted so just wanted to know if I’m in right ballpark. Cheers

Attachments

• AAF531A7-FD05-42D4-9679-6FC54E0161BC.jpeg
    AAF531A7-FD05-42D4-9679-6FC54E0161BC.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 79C8E6F7-0AA2-4963-B0B4-B5EAC75545F4.jpeg
    79C8E6F7-0AA2-4963-B0B4-B5EAC75545F4.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 47
  • EE9570DF-099C-4E7B-9033-D9A78DADCEB6.jpeg
    EE9570DF-099C-4E7B-9033-D9A78DADCEB6.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 47
Now that would be a £45 job every day of the week, when I was starting out it would probably have been £25 to £35 as unpriced work is better than none.
Quoting for work is something that comes with time, don't worry too much about it.
I know it can be a little uncomfortable and awkward when your starting out, customer stood looking at you and you have no idea what the right price should be...

But take a pause, go back to the opposite side of the house pretending to check something if need be..

It's not easy at first but does get easier

Now that would be a £45 job every day of the week, when I was starting out it would probably have been £25 to £35 as unpriced work is better than none.
Quoting for work is something that comes with time, don't worry too much about it.
I know it can be a little uncomfortable and awkward when your starting out, customer stood looking at you and you have no idea what the right price should be...

But take a pause, go back to the opposite side of the house pretending to check something if need be..

If I had a choice then I wouldn't clean a house with a conny. I believe they take up more time.

Initially I did work it out to £45 but it just seemed too much so dropped it to £38 but obviously still too high for them. I did two quotes the other day and both said yes straight away which makes me start to think if I under priced it and whether or not I should have pushed for more.

Initially I did work it out to £45 but it just seemed too much so dropped it to £38 but obviously still too high for them. I did two quotes the other day and both said yes straight away which makes me start to think if I under priced it and whether or not I should have pushed for more.
Don't overthink, this job doesn't make sense 99% of the time. As a newbie most of the time is why are my competitive quotes rejected, when established why has my daft price been accepted

That's the price that I would have quoted. It does depend on area but believe me you won't regret charging higher. Stick with your pricing formula but round it to the nearest fiver. So with that one you should have stuck to £45. If it was a job that you worked out it being £38 then just tell them £40.

When you price higher you need less customers to make ends meet. Also charge extra for the first cleans, that helps a lot. I try and charge double but on bigger houses like that getting them to pay £90 for the first is a harder sell. What you can say though that helps, is that you effectively are cleaning them twice on the first clean and you are also cleaning all the sills with a pvc cleaner to bring them up nice and white. When you mention the pvc cleaner they seem a bit more accepting of it.

Quoted this last week and just wanted to know what you guys would quote for it. On the front there are another two windows which are out of shot (one double and one single). Windows only quote(conservatory windows also, but not roof). Only second job I’ve quoted so just wanted to know if I’m in right ballpark. Cheers
I am expensive on a first clean & i know it, i'd charge £35 for the house windows & 20-35 for the conservatory windows even without the roof...
This is because if it's already caked dirt, you will be there for three hours plus... instead of the standard hour or two just rinsing... In fact i won't do conservatories unless they have the roof done also, it's pointless to do half the job in my opinion again just my experience and opinion don't shoot me or anything...

Better without it. I much prefer plenty of tenner cleans now rather than big detached houses with big conservatories.
I did my first 2 bed tenner house the other day and I now know what you mean, it was great. I imagine the key is to get lots of them in one street and you’re laughing.

I did my first 2 bed tenner house the other day and I now know what you mean, it was great. I imagine the key is to get lots of them in one street and you’re laughing.
You have got to watch for folk watching you because they can add up how much you are making. My first clean takes 30mins because I usually clean the front door with the pink stuff. The next clean I tackle a window with my 6" scraper. Fairly soon I have it as a quick maintenance clean because its up to my standard. They all comment on how clean their front door is which keeps them happy campers. ?

yeah, then in winter when they can not afford it, they will start complaining and leaving... I did this for years and it was a real headache... I personally never made any real money doing things that way but some do i suppose.. depends where in the country you live as to how ppl see it

Back