Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Going back to backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i hate using the backpack when compared with the van mount.

but i dont take on through the house jobs, they are front only and really try to avoid terraced as well, hate humping the bloody thing about.

van mount does have its drawbacks as well, but i suppose its what suits your work, nearly everything on my round is easy access, easy parking semis and detatched houses. 

So i have had a van mount since october and had enough of it

My work really isn't suited to it with going through houses and long alleyways to get to the back of a mid terraced house etc

Just ordered new gardiners backpack and selling off my old reel etc and got a trolley for the backpack

Anyone else find van mount more hassle than it's worth?

Was a lot less grief when i worked from backpack from a car
Me! I'm Backpack only Van Mount doesn't work for me There is a Crew of 3 of us, I have a Bilge Pump in a Tank in Vehicle it takes me 35 Seconds to fill a Backpack finished with Containers but I'm upgrading from a Berlingo to a Dispatch and will Bolt a reel to the Floor just in case I Pull on someones's Drive (Rare).

What bilge pumps are you guys using to fill these backpacks so quickly?
This one is Mine I've got it wired to a Gardiner Backpack battery I'll get some pics of My Set Up tomorrow works for me I have 3 Lengths of Rhino Tube as my main Hose short one (about 5 Meters) plus 2 (about 15 Meters) I just join them together if I work from the Van, the short one gets used in conjunction with a Facelift Lite Boy soley used when Carrying the Gardiner Backpacks go on Trolleys.  

image.png

Be good if there was a trolley which you had a Gardiners back pack which allowed a 25l container to be placed above ithe backpack which automatically refilled the Backpack as it was getting used so you don't have to keep lifting 25l containers to refill the Backpack.. Just a thought 

Be good if there was a trolley which you had a Gardiners back pack which allowed a 25l container to be placed above ithe backpack which automatically refilled the Backpack as it was getting used so you don't have to keep lifting 25l containers to refill the Backpack.. Just a thought 
You're then wheeling approx. 60kgs around, you would need a fairly substantial trolley and a nice flat round. Wouldn't be wanting to push that up and down hills.

I fill mine from a tank in the Van this is the Pump http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pump-12V-Boat-Marine-Bilge-Pump-1100GPH-Submersible-Water-Pump-Yacht/111886457841?epid=1972644310&hash=item1a0cf3dbf1%3Ag%3AFvoAAOSwZLhY279Z

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just built myself a trolley again as i got rid of my last one due to needing upgrading

Hidden the bit i don't want seen as it is something i am working on but this is it so far

Took the microbore off also as it was too much hose

30m is enough 

View attachment 11159

Last edited by a moderator:
So far nothing lol

All bits i have laying about

Need a new pump though as this one is borrowed 

It is a little different now as been playing about with it today but not trying to take pics in the dark in the garden where it is

looks good, but bulky...suppose it depends how much you use it, having used a similar trolley i prefer the simplicity of backpack on a folding trolley  myself but i only use it half a dozen times a month

I had a trolley similar in the past

It will be used on my round where i have lots of houses with access issues to the back 

Drag hose down alleyway to get to the back

Go through to back and clean

Go back to van and pack up hose

Drive to front 

Clean front

Go to next house a couple doors down and do front

Pack up and drive to different alleyway to get to their back

This is an average day for me

I can do a good few houses with tops wfp and bottoms trad on 1 25l drum and the trad gear and spray bottle of solution will be on the trolley

Only ever used to carry a microfibre over my shoulder and didn't need belt etc for trad

I miss working like that after being van mount for a good while

Will stay in the van connected to reel a lot with hose connected to my tank

Best of both worlds

But being a big lump i never find the trolleys heavy

Not much to it wiring wise and have pwm and display in a box instead of spring controller

Back