rain

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by simon, May 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

1st day off with rain for a bit now & i'm bored sick already any one any ideas of what to do - i may go canvassing this aft

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Same here Simon, im off out canvassing no cleaning getting done today.

3. simon

simon Guru

yeh i cant complain really though the rest of the country seems to have had it worse than us up here lately, its just i had a long weekend in london then i had to spend most of last week in scotland so i'm well behind & like a berk i did 4hrs of insides yesterday lol

4. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Why don't you lads work in the rain?? I do, only get the odd one here and there that doesn't want them done. :)

5. Paul

Paul Guest

It's very heavy rain I wouldn't even think about doing it in this.

6. simon

simon Guru

i do if its drizzle or if i'm already out when it starts but its well heavy today & i wear glasses so i end up steamed up & blind lol

7. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Wind combined with heavy rain is the worst mate

8. A.K WINDOWS

i work in showers only you look a **** up a ladder when its pouring down lol.

9. laddergarder

light rain yeah, but if its chucking it no. I used to really hate trying to make the decision of weather to go out or not. Now I just carry on in light rain, if its forecasted for showers, I will sit them out in the van if they are not too frequent, but if its down to be raining all day, I just take the day off.

It comes down to my own moral and my lads moral, I know some window cleaners that are out in all weathers, heavy rain and high winds, but personally I wouldn't take a risk. I know one that's staff pack it in all the time, they have a very quick staff turnaround and are always running late.

I would rather have staff stick it out and have experienced staff.

Advertisement