Rainwater harvesting

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dan Paton, Oct 16, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dan Paton

Dan Paton Member

I'm only looking for rough answers here guys but with a night of quite heavy rain. How much water roughly can you collect from one side of a roof ( 2 bed house) I'm just not sure wether it's worth setting it up or not . Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Hey Dan. Try the search bar at the top of the page as last year there were some quite in depth posts on the topic.

3. Posh

Posh Hero

It's surprising how much you can collect

4. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

I have been thinking about doing this myself. Cannot decide if it is really worth it yet mind.

5. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

If you want to go down that route, you would need a big tank holding 5k litres , you would get a lot of water off a roof , but you would have to hold a lot for when it didn't rain for a while if you are using say "350 litre s a day ."

6. David K

David K Forum Addict

Def worth it ! Get a cheap ibc used but fairly clean , mine used to contain some kind glue , easy clean . Get some cheap piping and a ladys nylon at the end . Guessing you could do it for 50-70 pounds . Collecting at least 1000-1500 ltr. A month , sometimes more ,From the one side of half a roof. Got pics if you search the topic

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. The window cleaning kid

I'm interested in this, but am wondering do you guys tap in too the down pipe or have a separate outlet on the gutter run.

If I was put an extra outlet on the gutter run, and run this down to an I.B.C what happens when the tank is full.

Do you guys have to drill an over flow in the top of the tank or just let it fill, letting the gutter carry on as normal once filling is complete ?

8. David K

David K Forum Addict

I've diverted the downpipe to the tank . When it's full I'll just let it run over .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. The window cleaning kid

thanks that's just gave me an Idea.
    And can you recommend a pump to run from the I.B.C. then Through Di and on to vans holding tank please.

10. Posh

Posh Hero

I use a normal backpack pump. Hose in butt. Pumped out to Di & into whatever you want.
    Nothing fancy needed

Advertisement