Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A tubeless pole idea...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I couldn't use my hose reel hose as its 8mm minibkre, you must be using thin hose Jimmy?

Does the Rectus-21 or whatever snag when up inside the pole @jimmyboots?
Not at all. once inside the pole there's nothing to snag on.

I couldn't use my hose reel hose as its 8mm minibore, you must be using thin hose Jimmy?
It works with the Trolley pole hose also the 6mm ID 11.5mm OD hose on my van mount. I havent tried it with 8mm ID hose but I would imagine if it fits up the inside of your pole it will work. Another reason to get some 6mm hose /emoticons/smile.png

I think exceed poles work similar to this but they have a length of pole hose joined on to the reel hose I think....Which to me defeats the object because you still have another join that you have to protect. But you could tape up that joint has it doesnt need to be disconnected

I have this hose on van mount

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hoses/microbore-trade-reinforced-hose-6mm-id-11-5mm-od.html

I've just done mine as this gave me an idea

Stuck rectus fitting on hose only threaded inside 1st section so it only just sticks out enough to connect to hose when pole collapsed

The rest of the pole hose is attached to the tap that is now back on my reel

Seems ok and extends and collapses ok

A lot easier to split pole apart and still have hose on the inside

The Beauty is being able to use the same pole hose for all poles now,

And no wound up pole hose on the poles in the van!

Not so much of a benefit if you only use one pole Dave, but still good for splitting like you say :thumbsup:

ive been running with just 2inc tails and a normal rec fitted for over 4 years now , first thing I do when a new pole comes is wip the end caps off and bore them out with a drill

yes it does catch some times but you never notice it after aday or so you lean to start extending the pole in away it doesn't catch , I couldn't go back to this mess of pole hose winding round your legs triping you up , never mind it curling up in the van that would do my head in

we the same once we have start we never unconnect the pole until were on the way home

and the best bit is its a free to do no need to buy anything but a new standly blade to cut pipe

The Beauty is being able to use the same pole hose for all poles now,
And no wound up pole hose on the poles in the van!

Not so much of a benefit if you only use one pole Dave, but still good for splitting like you say :thumbsup:
I am sorting a van in january and looking at a nice slx to go with it

That will make 2 poles then..won't be long before i have a few i reckon

Then it will be an advantage for sure

I hate having hose hanging from just 1 pole

My main reason for being an "outie" was to split the pole..this solves that problem and still easy to split sections to clean it too

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorting a van in january and looking at a nice slx to go with itThat will make 2 poles then..won't be long before i have a few i reckon

Then it will be an advantage for sure

I hate having hose hanging from just 1 pole

My main reason for being an "outie" was to split the hose..this solves that problem and still easy to split sections to clean it too
Try having 4 poles in the van, all with loads of pole hose to coil up! Horrible!

With the tubeless idea, all the poles will only have about 6 inches of pole hose, so it will be soooooo much tidier!

Has anyone thought about just having a JG fitting on the pole hose,
Then just connecting it to each pole you use?

Just thinking about giving it a go, having maybe 6-8 inches pole hose hanging out the back of the poles, then using the push fit fittings to connect it to a long piece of pole hose connected to your main mocrobire/minibore?

Just a thought, not sure if it would be any good, but it's basically exactly the same as these 'tubeless' designs, just without the rectus fittings...

So it would be lighter and thinner...

View attachment 8391
Surely that's gotta catch the top of the pole when you extend it meaning you'll only be able to extend by the length of one section?

Not sure what you mean?

It shouldn't catch on anything, once it's inside the pole...

Once the first section is extended a few inches it is inside section 2 so won't catch on any other sections

Back