Raving about Ecover

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Mark Henderson, Jan 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mark Henderson

Lately I hear a lot of window cleaners raving about Ecover biological washing up liquid.

I put an order in (can't get it in shops easily here) and it arrived today.

Sad I know, but I can't wait till Tuesday to try it out on the round!

I've not tried it yet. Anyone here tried it?

I'm hoping that I can get away with even less detailing!

Advertisement
  2. I was a faithful Glass Gleam user for years. I hated the rapid resoiling of dish soaps in general and after all the rave reviews Ecover was getting I decided to try it out. That was 2 months ago and I have a new soap! It has surpassed all my expectations and now I'll be trying it out in conjunction w/ my wfp work when the weather gets better here.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

When doing trad i have always used good old fairy but i am tempted to give this a go.

4. laddergarder

I looked at fairy, but when you actually look at the cost of the stuff, even when buying in bulk it is very expensive, so I have always stuck with unger liquid, and just buy the big tubs of it, it cost £11.50 +vat for 5 litters. fairy works out at almost double that for 5 litters.

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ye I had some unger when I first started but think it must have been off because the results were terrible. Since then I used fairy.

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I'm also an ecover convert.

Fantastic for traditional.

I have heard that some wfp users are putting a tiny bit in the RO water, and that it cleans even better without spotting - going to give this a try for first cleans.

Also - Ecover truckwash is awesome on conservatory roof cleans.

Dave

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i started using ecover recently on first cleans only with wfp i just put a small bit on the brush head and the results are great

8. chip

chip Guru

never thought of squirting on the brush! i put 1 or 2 ml in a drum , but seems to work fine without detriment

9. Mark Henderson

I've used a few solutions - they all have their pros and cons.
    Fairy degreases well and has great slip but the windows are left with the sticky residue that makes them dirty quicker. Plus tidying up the soap and detailing takes longer.
    I use a wagtail whirlwind a lot and if there is too much soap foam builds up behind the applicator pad and it starts to leave streaks. (So you have to wipe the foam away)

GG3, GG4 are great solutions and leave little residue and long lasting shine. but where I live it works out pricey with shipping. The slip isn't that great and that slows me down. But the slow evaporation time and the time saved detailing compensates.

I was gifted a box of Unger Liquid. - That's what I've been using recently and its not bad actually. Decent slip and didn't freeze on me in the bucket even when -7 which I was surprised about. I seem to go through it quick though because its not a concentrated solution.

Hoping that Ecover will leave a shine like GG4, with little need for detailing and with good slip. We'll see.

10. James

James Guru

I'm an Ecover lover to when whipping out the old traditional methods. It's absolutely fantastic! I've not tried it with the pole yet, might give it ago on Monday!

James.

Advertisement