RazrBlade Rubber- Is it still good, as it was?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by windowsurfer, Jan 21, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Hi - the last two batches of Razrblade rubber I have bought, just doesnt feel like it has had the same glide properties, when I first was using it, my wife who has also used it, agrees with me, so just wondering if anyone else feels there has been a change in the "slip/ feel" of it? Bought mine from Bladeright, which sent them out in good time, I did say to them I thought there was a change in the rubber, but bought a new batch in the hope it was like my original pack, but got the new batch a while ago and felt the same, will be ordering more soon though.

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't know mate
    Still on the same 4x 30 odd inch strips i bought last summer

3. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

My Razr's are fine :thumbsup:....

Are you using a different additive/solution than when you first started using the Razr's........just a thought.

4. windowsurfer

Thanks. Have used ettore squeegee off also ecover with flash, now using hg window cleaner from bnq, the batch, I've got just doesn't feel the same, harder to glide along, I have dog eared channels, my wife uses unmodded, hopefully next batch will feel same as the first, as really liked it, but lost its glory a bit for me at the mo, shame. Glad it's still good for you, as it Was a really good n easy rubber to use, especially when I was fairly new to the job. Just hope they haven't been adjusting the properties for some reason in the production process.

5. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Mine are fine for me mate, although I did notice a slight slip difference when I went from GG4 to GG3 solution. Prefer the GG4 but was out of stock when I needed to order.

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Is it available in 42 inch yet? Pointless me buying them unless they make it in that size

7. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

I buy mine in 36" packs of 12 ......

FaceLift RazrBLADE RED Rubber

8. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I've noticed it not as good it used to be.

I been using that rubber for 2 years and stop buying it 6 months ago.

i very disappointed with it because it not the same it used to be when I first got it, i dont know what they have done to it & it look different as well... Duller red

9. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

10. windowsurfer

my suspicious mind thinks they have adjusted the quality, maybe because it was too good n cost a lot to produce, they may have dropped quality to a point they think no one would notice?

What are you using now, I'm going to get some black diamond, as had a strip to use, doesn't last as long, but felt quite good, but not as good as original razrblade.

Advertisement