Re-Doing My Van

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Apr 3, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Im going to set it up for 2 men. Thinking about putting my tank in a cage too

Im really going to need help on the plumbing side and some of the fittings Ill need.

First thing is going to be a tap. I need a new one Im currently using a tap from bandq yeah the garden ones lol.

I couldnt get the size of it from there website. Soo Im guessing this tap would fit in my tank?

http://www.tanksdirectuk.co.uk/taps_&_valves/tap_kit_4_-_(1%22_outlet)

Is that right? If not could someone point me in the right direction to one that wil fit and also maybe a cheaper one.

Now thats out they way... Metal fittings Im not a fan of plastic one so would really be looking at changing them al the metal ones.

As for the plumbing side am I right in thinking I could have to pumps working from the one tap? I seen some others do it before? Anyway IF thats the case. Ill presume I need a ''T'' splitter where will I get one of those about?

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I" to 3/4" reducer for the tank outlet - get a 3/4 ball valve - you can get a 3/4 all round Y piece then 2 hoze connectors ( same as garden tap ) to clip the 2 hoses onto.. Would you want to be able to turn them off separately or both together? As I have seen Y pieces that have 2 taps on them..

Go to your local plumbing centre they prob be cheapest

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

use plastic fittings if you can aswell, i learn the hard way. metal stays colder longer and freezes up faster.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Anyone know where I can get a I" to 3/4" reducer? Cant find one any where

6. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I went to screw fix and got the reducer and tap for about £6. Hope you've got one near you.

7. TobySampson

8. TobySampson

Yeah but that'll stick out loads won't it? My tank is a pretty snug fit as it is, if I fitted that as well I don't think it would fit. I went for a normal tap for because of the angle advantages.

Advertisement