Read this mr posh lol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, May 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Lead strips called ‘cames' or ‘calmes' hold the pieces of glass together and, therefore, play a major structural role in the window. There is no general rule for how long lead cames last and medieval :D leading :D can often still be found in windows today. Like the glass, the :D leading :D can provide the conservator with significant information about the date of the window and techniques used. If the original :D leading :D has failed and needs to be replaced it should be carefully recorded and preserved. As the leading also contributes to the visual/aesthetic appearance of a window it is important to match the original width and profile when replacing the historical lead cames.

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Phew! I'll sleep better to***ht knowing that. And it's exactly what I thought lol.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Lol I'm glad you will

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Slept well. Kept seeing lead windows lol

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Lol however looking at it and reading it, it actually doesn't sound correct

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Couldn't make head or tail of it to be honest lol