Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prototype up and running

keir

Been using this brush/jet set up for 2 days now and it works a treat, sadly i ran out of tube to make a neat job but i'm ordering some now.

I had to run my varistream at 4 to get a steady flow for prolonged use, water usage is about the same as 2 pencil jets.

Another big plus is when cleaning behind handles on patio doors there's no catching pipes!!

I'll post a vid when i get a chance, i love it makes rinsing so much more convincing, and hydrophobic is just so easy.

Very nice, yeah can see it would be a boon on hydrophobic glass.

I would still like a brush with the tube at top though so that the window washing process (for regular cleans) is 1) scrub frames 2) one vertical side-to-side pass 3) rinse on 4) move onto next window

Hey hey H man, mr diy himself lol

There's 10 holes, and i used a paper clip opened up then heated it up to cherry red to produce to holes.

Rice.....thats exactly what i want, and i think its achievable too with this sort of set up. I was basically 'just' lifting the top portion of the brush, and getting away with rinsing while still on the glass, but i tried this set up last week

But it ended up catching on the frames and being just a bit clumsy.

There's still some room for improvement on this set up which i'm going to address, but its for me.......a proper set up lol

Keir; Think it all a bit of hit and miss thing sometimes.Just got to try all variables.

You will know when you get it right./emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/smile.png
Yeah i know what you mean, the incarnation i'm using at the mo is the best so far but i've just ordered some more polyurethane pipe, 1 length of 6mm and another of 4mm

The 6mm is the same as in the picture but just to make a final tidy version but the 4mm is another experiment, what i,d like to do is drill 2 4mm holes one at each end of the brush, then feed the tube through it so i dont have any tube running around the edge of the plastic base of the brush, but more importantly so the bristles aren't being splayed, dont get me wrong the bristles aren't being splayed by a huge amount but i want the final set up to be integral to the brush.

The brush i'm using at the mo is quite an old one hence using it as the prototype but when i get it perfect i will then fit it to both poles, and get a fresh brush

Latest Posts

Back