Rebuilding my round

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by AJ windows, Feb 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

As of 2 weeks ago I decided it was time to employ someone full time as my workload had become almost unmanageable on my own. So now most of my days are half days now, which is giving me the time to do more canvassing again Or sit on my backside: )
    Commercial work is starting to come in gradually through word of mouth too.

Advertisement
  2. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I know a window cleaner who took someone on before and said it more trouble than it worth.

3. AJ windows

AJ windows Active Member

The lad who I've taken on I've known for 20 years, I made the mistake of taking someone I didn't know prior. He lasted 2 days before I got rid. No complaints with my mate, he's up to my speed nearly in just 2 weeks and has added customers to our workload already.

4. davewindowcleaner

Hope it goes well but working with family or friends can bring it own problems too.

5. Scrubber

Scrubber Newcomer

The fella that works with me and has done for 5 years is fantastic.
    i'm thinking of taking someone else on also . ive got a feeling it might be a bit of a nightmare getting the right person. You need to have so many attributes as a window cleaner. You need to be friendly, hard working, fit, honest and reliable. Not too many people out there like that.

6. davewindowcleaner

Do you pay him well? Does hes not think he could make more money working for himself?

7. Scrubber

Scrubber Newcomer

That's always the problem. I pay him 32% of the daily take(I make 68%) . All he does is clean windows . I do everything else and pay for everything. He has a hassle free life and still gets a reasonable wage.That's always gonna be the biggest problem if you take someone on theres nothing stopping them from working for themselves.

8. davewindowcleaner

I never work for a window cleaner before but if I did I couldn't help but think I could earn more working for myself if I did.

It depend on the person really, some find being your own boss is too scary and like security.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Years ago when i was subbing off a guy he had 8 or 9 guys all happy to turn up get their work and go off cleaning
    No collecting and getting a tenner an hour
    They were doing 20 quid an hour worth of work so the quick guys could do 3 hours work in 2 and claim 3 hours work
    Some were doing well for themselves with no grief
    Personally i subbed his excess work off him and paid him 20% so i would make 160 from 200 of work and still wasn't happy not getting all the cash for myself

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

when you get gd guy canny go wrong so much easier , hope i never have to graft on my own much
    the lad i,ve got now is the best i,ve had works hard no hasle

Advertisement