Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Guy From Scotland

Robster

Hey Guys, Im the new guy on the block and i wanna just say Hi to everyone , Im not currently active as yet in the "cleaning" business, but all going well i hope to be in the near future. At the moment i work on the roads, im the guy that paints all those white lines everywhere, lol ...... But recently im feeling that i need a new challenge and to be a little bit more independant ........ so here i am, oh, i nearly forgot, i hope to be going into the pressure washing and soft washing side of the cleaning industry ....

Robster

Hi David, You kept busy over there in Denmark ? , look forward to conversing with people on this forum, i have so much to learn.

keep at it with your currant job and do window cleaning at weekends you will pickup loads of graft then when you have loads of work do the switch

if you want my opinion its so hard to get established carry on the roads and fill your weekends with pressure washing work at first
What are the pitfalls of becoming established then? why does it take so long to become established?as an already established business your opinions are important to me.

keep at it with your currant job and do window cleaning at weekends you will pickup loads of graft then when you have loads of work do the switch
I will leave window cleaning to the window cleaners .......... Im here to pressure wash, but i know what you mean, i wont be packing my current job in untill i have at least 2 days work a week , then i can start being serious about it.

What are the pitfalls of becoming established then? why does it take so long to become established?as an already established business your opinions are important to me.
Just takes time to get the name out there, I started off just pressure washing and I couldn't really keep the money flowing well enough to start with, I then started doing gutters and eventually windows, the windows is great because its repeat business, you always have money coming in and the pressure washing is a nice bonus, now I must admit I am kind of getting overwhelmed with work on both sides, but its taken a few years to get there.

My advice, and I wish I had done this from day one, try and sell a regular clean, either yearly or two yearly, get them booked in for the following year or two, two years time may seem pointless, that's until the two year rolls by and you have more work than you can handle!

I have spent the last maybe 3 months trying to keep up with repeat custom.

We are in the same boat I work full time Monday fridaybut do odd shifts 6-2. 2-10 8-4 so I started Williams jet wash services October 2015 in mid Wales purely gutters and jet wash I have recently added Windows to my services and building a small round where I live all compact and turns me 170 per month atm taking me 2 days

We are in the same boat I work full time Monday fridaybut do odd shifts 6-2. 2-10 8-4 so I started Williams jet wash services October 2015 in mid Wales purely gutters and jet wash I have recently added Windows to my services and building a small round where I live all compact and turns me 170 per month atm taking me 2 days
Word of mouth is huge with pressure wash work you can earn between 60 and 450 in day my best yet but these jobs are only filling my weekends right now @Robster

So is your goal to eventually give up your full time job and replace it with full time cleaning? or are you intending staying part time cleaning>

Word of mouth is huge with pressure wash work you can earn between 60 and 450 in day my best yet but these jobs are only filling my weekends right now @Robster
Yeah , ive kinda got a goal in my head that when i reach a certain weekly income , i will give up my full time job, it should'nt be that difficult to reach if i get my advertising and company launch set up properly. I also intend staying solo in the business, and i know the numbers i have to attain to become a viable business. Its all kinda chicken and egg at the moment though lol

Back