Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you get started? I want to start a wfp buisness.

Tom101

Let's say you want to get started and you want your own business. You've got enough money to buy a van,system.poles etc etc.

How would you go about it? what van and equipment? buy a round or start your own?

I'm fed up of working for other people and want to be my own boss. I don't have window cleaning experience but I'm a fast learner and willing to work hard.

Commercial or domestic or both? I intend to be an owner operator one man band.

Any advise appreciated,

Based in Oxford

Maybe start out traditional with squeegees as it will be cheaper so if it doesnt work out u wont lose much money

I would canvass my own round but thats because ive already done it and know i can do it, i know u can do but do u know? Lol

Theres a few threads on canvassing, reqd those, i started one myself.

Anyone can learn and u will get better and better as u go

That sounds a bit Stroppy @Tom101 boarcity is just pointing out a direction you could go in. It may be worth thinking about as most window cleaners have Trad gear as well as poles. If not look around the site and you will find lots of ideas

Let's say you want to get started and you want your own business. You've got enough money to buy a van,system.poles etc etc.
How would you go about it? what van and equipment? buy a round or start your own?

I'm fed up of working for other people and want to be my own boss. I don't have window cleaning experience but I'm a fast learner and willing to work hard.

Commercial or domestic or both? I intend to be an owner operator one man band.

Any advise appreciated,

Based in Oxford
are you a good listener?

because there is a vast amount of experience on this site

good luck :thumbsup:

stay in your job

- you posted over a month ago you got 10k to spend and here we are in mid April and you still dont know how to start off . no bottle

most of my graft is WFP now but like my fellow brothers have stated trad is the way to go when you just start

you will have to do so much trad anyway

insides

shops, so much work is easier trad, then when you have loads of work introduce WFP

medium sized van, big tank, very good quality poles, build your own round & you may get away with just wfp doing domestic but not commercial. I do all my commercial trad and do about X1 day a week trad just to keep things fresh.........and make sure I can window clean when my systems are down, van getting MOT, have an accident etc etc......which add up to quite a lot of days over the course of the year. Good luck @Tom101

Not stroppy, nor lacking bottle thanks boar city. And yes my first post was a while back.I just like to research things throughly before going and spending £1000's and I've been very busy with work and family life. I'm not dismissing trad and intend to have the basic trad equipment necessary in my van just in case,I just don't want to start out going down that route. Carefull planning and research doesn't amount to a lack of bottle it just demonstrates a reasonable degree of intelligence. I have a pretty good idea of what I need but its always a good to get advice from people who have already been through the process and may have some decent input to share.

I'm trad but do wfp on hard to reach windows. I watched loads of YouTube videos. I still do now as your never to old to learn & still pick up tips. You need also to learn how to make pure water. Trad is still good to learn.

Good luck.

Oh I just use backpack so have no idea on van systems & to be honest I would never have one.

I'm trad but do wfp on hard to reach windows. I watched loads of YouTube videos. I still do now as your never to old to learn & still pick up tips. You need also to learn how to make pure water. Trad is still good to learn.Good luck.

Oh I just use backpack so have no idea on van systems & to be honest I would never have one.
@Posh would you mind recommending some wfp you tube vids to watch mate? There was an American guy that I had been watching (mentioned on here) but I now can't find that post or remember his name .....so looking for some new stuff. Just names would be great!

I started off wfp, and although i have since bought some trad gear i was right in thinking wfp is quicker and easier, i have no intention to go trad and climb ladders but it does come in handy and for a change i enjoy trading the odd house, i also find first cleans particularly on hydrophobic glass trad could be better, is well worth learning trad.

you could spend the entire10k on a van, all the gear and a round

or spend 1-2k of it on a cheap van and wfp setup and canvass yoursefl

or anywhere inbetween.

u get a decent gd looking van for 3g and a 1 man system with a 650 tank with gd pole cost 2500 and fit urself

the reason big tank is for wen u want to upgrade to a 2 man system

then canvass flat out getting work

work out how much money u need to get to survive and take from there

i would really try tom to get out with someone on here to learn the ropes on how to use wfp from making water to using a pole

u dont just pump pure water and hey presto theres a tchnique to cleaning with pole

everyone on here is very helpful from advertising - facebook-flyers-canvassing technique- building and maintaing a system- fao on how to -- help wen pricing jobs-- help with staff-

if u really want to start get a medium size van ie vivaro or transit size and contact one of the window cleaning companies to buy the gear

from finding a van to cleaning your first window in it shud take no longer than a week /emoticons/biggrin.png happy cleaning

i've just made my own website on wix, i have friends that get lots of work from websites, even commercial jobs. take a look at mine, i'm a window cleaner in cheltenham btw. not sure if that makes a difference i suppose different areas find out about their window cleaners differently.

http://www.lewiscleaningco.co.uk/

Buy a small round and build from it. Start out as you mean to go on. GO FOR IT. Van, tank etc. Do round after work if poss, eve, weekends. If it really doesn't work, sell all

I'm not interested in going trad, hence the post in the wfp section
Spend a fortune on gear then and when u struggle to make any profit as u are new to the trade reread this thread

WFP can be done fairly cheap, my entire setup including d.i, sack of resin, pole and trolley system and barrels was about £250

Latest Posts

Back