Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The science of pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mdpeake

Fellow Windy's,

Could anybody tell me how long filtered pure water will last if stored in containers please.

Also with regards to the resin contained in a DI, when the ppm starts to rise and the efficiency of the vessel starts to fall, is it acceptable to top up the vessel with resin or would a complete change of resin be necessary?/emoticons/wink.png

Hi, I'm trad myself but from what I've read I'm pretty sure that as long as your drum/tank is clean it will last months as long as it's stored out of direct sunlight to minimise risk of algie etc.

As for resin, a total change I think but I may be corrected on both counts as I'm only repeating what I've read lol.

yeh mate you cant top up you need a complete change. not sure about resin but i tested a container that had been in my shed for 3 months & it was still 0. but it is supposed to last longer in dark containers

Back