Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recent Leaflet Campaigns

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kerby0814

Afternoon all,

Has anybody completed a leaflet campaign recently, I am looking at picking up some more customers and wondered what returns people have had since covid/ this cost of living crisis.

I know the range for returns are anything from 0-2% however hoping to get at least 0.5% conversion rate.

But time will tell ?

Going back a few years I put out 2,500 leaflets plus 250 targeted quotes through letterboxes and got two jobs back ! This year I have not advertised for more work and got ten !!! No harm in trying anything it seems lol !

Put simply - knocking doors and speaking with people directly definitely equals new customers.

Edit..At a better rate than dropping fliers… Saying that why not do both if you fancy it

Put simply - knocking doors and speaking with people directly definitely equals new customers.

Edit..At a better rate than dropping fliers… Saying that why not do both if you fancy it
Yup, I have 1000 contact cards from putty print by my side right now and this is exactly my plan - Go and talk and hand my prospect a contact card.

I have knocked doors in the past, but they have been the biggest pain in the ****, the best customers have been the ones that have come to me, so with me putting a leaflet through the door, I'm hoping that in convinces those that are thinking of getting a window cleaner, to get one.

I do post on local Facebook groups which gets good customers, but fairly spread out. So at least with leaflets it's targeted to an area I want to do.

I'll be putting the leg work in this week and see how it goes.

All leaflets have my prices on too, so any customers contacting me should be to just book onto the round ?

I have knocked doors in the past, but they have been the biggest pain in the ****, the best customers have been the ones that have come to me, so with me putting a leaflet through the door, I'm hoping that in convinces those that are thinking of getting a window cleaner, to get one.

I do post on local Facebook groups which gets good customers, but fairly spread out. So at least with leaflets it's targeted to an area I want to do.

All leaflets have my prices on too, so any customers contacting me should be to just book onto the round ?
Let us know how you get on. I have just ordered some new leaflets but I wasn't going to start till beginning of March as long as weather is OK.
If you get on well I might start early. Had a few walkups recently so maybe leafletting in Jan will go well.

We have all been through the same process with leaflets etc, it gets you next to no work, it's alot of effort for not much gain, you really have to chap the doors, it's not ideal and you feel nervous doing it, in your mind you feel like it's embarrassing. When anyone has ever chapped my door trying to pick.up work, I've never closed the door thinking how stupid do they look etc. In our heads that's what we think is happening if we try though .

These days people feel intimidated by strangers knocking on their doors. People are frightened by scammers, especially seniors. I am not surprise, I remember only Jesuits, Charity, and Council Party because of oncoming elections.
I tried it, did about 500 houses. I have no single customer and I can say I am confident, honest, good looking (uniform), my van is new, clean as my equipment, when I leave open the back. It's not about personalities of us, it's about the today's society. Everything is online. If we don't go online, we became dinosaurs.
The other hand, I dropped about 10 000 leaflets last year personally. Picked streets, houses etc.. Got about 10 houses. BUT they recommend you. I track the customers to the roots, and these 10 customers broght to me another 4, and between them is one which broght me another 4. And there I get from the street another 2 just by coming to me.. the growth is exponential..
Knocking on the door, I would say no, leaflets, only if you have a load of time, online priority.

These days people feel intimidated by strangers knocking on their doors. People are frightened by scammers, especially seniors. I am not surprise, I remember only Jesuits, Charity, and Council Party because of oncoming elections.
I tried it, did about 500 houses. I have no single customer and I can say I am confident, honest, good looking (uniform), my van is new, clean as my equipment, when I leave open the back. It's not about personalities of us, it's about the today's society. Everything is online. If we don't go online, we became dinosaurs.
The other hand, I dropped about 10 000 leaflets last year personally. Picked streets, houses etc.. Got about 10 houses. BUT they recommend you. I track the customers to the roots, and these 10 customers broght to me another 4, and between them is one which broght me another 4. And there I get from the street another 2 just by coming to me.. the growth is exponential..
Knocking on the door, I would say no, leaflets, only if you have a load of time, online priority.

You forgot to add modest lol ko

looking at getting some leaflets now, any chance you can show what yours is like for some ideas haha

I remember when I started out in 2018 all because the windy fell off his ladder and never came back. My neighbour and I then I picked up the whole street and then round the corner. Someone got me the clean at the sheltered housing and they got me their relatives it was like a snowball. Moved over to wfp and never looked back. I already had a massive van which holds my triple ladders inside all the time plus two ladders on the roof rack. This morning a customer gave me a fiver to go up my ladder and check his roof slates because roughcast fell from the old building adjoining his. He was lucky it just missed his roof and I was a fiver up for 5mins work. Best job in the world when the weather is fine and one has all the system in place but it all comes down to money. I posted leaflets at the beginning and got two customers on a long street next to me and now I have 10. All you need is one customer to attract other customers so at the beginning I accepted every customer even if the job was a headache because you need to be out there getting seen and working weekends is good because folk are usually home.

Just coming back to canvassing from my limited experience it’s definitely the way to pick up new customers fast and if you get lucky which I did last week one customer can lead to another the lady I sighed asked me to clean her friends property too which is located on a road I already have 3 bungalows on. I must have called at this place before and they either didn’t answer or I got a no. But I guess when you’re recommended it’s already a foot in the door.

It’s going to happen soon coming away with no new customers I’m 100% sure of it but I’m yet to hit the pavement for a session and not get any!

I’m confused @JCW how you knocked at 500 properties and didn’t get a single taker!!

Back