Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What sleeve for T bar

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
T

The window cleaning kid

Hi all, I'm currently looking for an every day sleeve, as I have first clean sleeves that work well but think they are putting to much water on the glass.

I'm ending up doing a lot of detailing and think its down to me soaking the window to much.

I use Unger T bars.

cheers

Hi all, I'm currently looking for an every day sleeve, as I have first clean sleeves that work well but think they are putting to much water on the glass.
I'm ending up doing a lot of detailing and think its down to me soaking the window to much.

I use Unger T bars.

cheers
Also I would be happy to change T bar too a different brand if needed.

I like Unger's Ninja Washer. Found the microfibre only didn't scrub up as well or hold as much water for me.

But if you're doing too much detailing - change your technique or squeegee. Then you'll get a real diference!

Porcupine mop dont hold too much water.. its the one with the blue bristles
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I have had one of these for about 6 months now and started using it yesterday, its great and really picks up them stubborn bits.

But I'm looking for some thing flatter with less volume less round.

I like too get right in the corners, only my current applicators seem to ride over on to the frames.

guess I may have the mop to wet.

i

I have had one of these for about 6 months now and started using it yesterday, its great and really picks up them stubborn bits.But I'm looking for some thing flatter with less volume less round.

I like too get right in the corners, only my current applicators seem to ride over on to the frames.

I Use a moerman sleeve, and porcupine sleeve for 1st cleans. Give you applicator a shake before you use it, you'll get a good house out of one dip, I have done 5 in a dip before

I use the moerman applicator

I know people will say i am biased having involvement with moerman with testing stuff etc but they genuinely are the best i have used

They feel soft to the touch and are quite deep but wrung out they don't put much water on the glass but still hold a surprising amount

I can wet mine under a customers tap (i use a spray bottle of solution now) and squeeze all the excess out and 1 or 2 sprays on each window is enough for a good few houses without rinsing the sleeve out again under another customers tap

If using a bucket i can dunk it and squeeze it out then do 3 houses easily

Also being microfiber they scrub really well and i use for 1st cleans also

I have had one of these for about 6 months now and started using it yesterday, its great and really picks up them stubborn bits. But I'm looking for some thing flatter with less volume less round.

To be fair when i used to be trad i always started by mopping glass then wiping frame before i bladed off.. was fast and effective (for me anyway)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

thanks all, changed my method today and now using a Lot less water.

The result was a lot less detailing and used very little rags.

Cheers all.

I use the moerman applicatorI know people will say i am biased having involvement with moerman with testing stuff etc but they genuinely are the best i have used

They feel soft to the touch and are quite deep but wrung out they don't put much water on the glass but still hold a surprising amount

I can wet mine under a customers tap (i use a spray bottle of solution now) and squeeze all the excess out and 1 or 2 sprays on each window is enough for a good few houses without rinsing the sleeve out again under another customers tap

Thanks Dave, tried the spray bottle method today on inside glass and wow what a difference.

Had 0 water in the bucket on a belt, just spray bottle with liquid and a slightly damp applicator.

No more water ridding up edges and still got a great clean :thumbsup:

I use the moerman applicatorI know people will say i am biased having involvement with moerman with testing stuff etc but they genuinely are the best i have used

Thanks Dave, tried the spray bottle method today on inside glass and wow what a difference.

Had 0 water in the bucket on a belt, just spray bottle with liquid and a slightly damp applicator.

I use squeegee off nowadays and that makes a difference also

The instructions say 2 tablespoons in 5l of water but i mix mine in a 5l old ubik container

Quarter of a bottle of squeegee off and enough washing up liquid to just about do a bowl of washing up to give a little extra slip and top up with pure to 5l

I don't use it that strong as i put about 1 inch in my sprayer and fill with pure but i have never found anything that shines so much and has a nice slip

I just carry 1 5l tub in the motor and a spray bottle and that is all i need for a few weeks of tradding bottoms

Squeegee off 4 quid in b&q

Doesn't leave much in the way of bubbles to remove when tradding which is a bonus

Sorry getting confused as i tried all sorts of mixes

Put a whole bottle in with the washing up liquid in 5l tub

1 inch in sprayer and rest water

That is unbeatable in my opinion and 4 quid for a few weeks tradding is peanuts

I use squeegee off nowadays and that makes a difference alsoThe instructions say 2 tablespoons in 5l of water but i mix mine in a 5l old ubik container

Quarter of a bottle of squeegee off and enough washing up liquid to just about do a bowl of washing up to give a little extra slip and top up with pure to 5l

I don't use it that strong as i put about 1 inch in my sprayer and fill with pure but i have never found anything that shines so much and has a nice slip

I just carry 1 5l tub in the motor and a spray bottle and that is all i need for a few weeks of tradding bottoms

Squeegee off 4 quid in b&q

Doesn't leave much in the way of bubbles to remove when tradding which is a bonus
WGC don't carry it but Stevenage do so will definitely pick some up, its pretty cheap cheers

If you come up here to stevenage it is upstairs on the racking dead opposite the tills

I usually buy about 3 or 4 at once

Thanks Dave, tried the spray bottle method today on inside glass and wow what a difference.Had 0 water in the bucket on a belt, just spray bottle with liquid and a slightly damp applicator.

Yes, the way I do it is to have a scrubber attached to the squeegee, wet but wrung out well, then spray the glass, NOT the applicator, and then just work the water around the window making sure that you get into the edges. I don't use washing up liquid any more, I just use 'Squeegee off' (20cc in 5ltrs). I've being doing it this way for the past 8 or 9 years, and get brilliant results. I've been trying to make a vid about it, but there is always something else needs doing!!!

Back