Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Mounted System - Filling up time?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bella Gowrie

Hi. I've recently come across a van mounted system that I'm interested in buying. It is 250L and a reasonable price. However, the bloke selling it has said that it takes three hours to fill it up and sometimes rejects water. When I have previously filled up 250L of water in containers, it only takes about twenty minutes. Three hours seems ridiculously long to me - does anyone have any experience with either the time or this rejecting water business? Cheers.

What RO system is it, do you know? It will also very much depend on water pressure. My van takes about 1.5 hrs to fill off a low pressure 4040 ro with DI and that's 350l. Ask a few more questions.

Hi. I've recently come across a van mounted system that I'm interested in buying. It is 250L and a reasonable price. However, the bloke selling it has said that it takes three hours to fill it up and sometimes rejects water. When I have previously filled up 250L of water in containers, it only takes about twenty minutes. Three hours seems ridiculously long to me - does anyone have any experience with either the time or this rejecting water business? Cheers.
hi bella,reading through the lines,it seems you already have an ro or maybe di,as you have said about filling a tank with barrells,if thats so then you really need to look at an ibc holding tank and a transfer pump,this could fill your tank-i assume its a 250l one in around two mins

more infoemation would be needed on what you currently have so your not wasting money on something you don't need.

many people sell these small 250l stystems as they very soon out grow them-usually they are the cheapest of the cheap and not worth buying whatsoever

I have a 250l system with the filters originally in the van. it was a nightmare to fill. the solution I had was a 1000l ibc tank in the garage and then use a submersible pump to transfer it out. the ibc tanks can be pick up from loads of places for nothing or very little as companies charge to tale them back. Farmers are good. With the submersible pump it takes no more than five minutes to fill. plus can leave it on for longer and if needs be pop back at lunch and fill it. My water pumped out of the van via a resin filter to Polish it off. works well for me.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back