Recommended cleaning chemical for guttering and facias please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Musntgrumble, Jun 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Musntgrumble

Musntgrumble Member

Hi Guys,
    What would you guys recommend to use to clean guttering facias and soffits a pre treatmenet to rinse a few minutes later with water if you like,

Thanks in advance
    Nige

Advertisement
  2. Musntgrumble

Musntgrumble Member

3. dav

dav Newcomer

I have used g101 in the past, find it to do a good job

4. TolishAPurd

I just use whatever cleaner I have in the van at the time- usually fairy liquid, or ecover. Its not really the cleaner that shifts the dirt, its more the agitation/scrubbing. If I can ever find a tub of Virosol in a local shop then I would probably buy some, but I haven't ever had the need, even with the dirtiest of UPVC I can always get it off with what I use.

5. Musntgrumble

Musntgrumble Member

Thank's Dav...

6. Musntgrumble

Musntgrumble Member

Great Advice tolish Ill give it a go then Vira-sol is a little expensive to justify spending on how many custys ask for the guttering to be cleaned...

7. Jack09

Jack09 Newcomer

I use a cheap mould & mildew remover from my local shop. £1. Spray it on the length of the gutter/fascia. By the time I come back to clean it comes of without hardly any scrubbing.

Obviously high level gutters are harder to reach so I just spray the water and a single wipe with the pole and go back over. The water breaks down the algae quite well so it's less graft than starting to clean it dry.

8. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Ubik2000 at 10/1 in a pump spray bottle. Spray on, leave a minute, scrub with a brush for a minute and rinse off with a soaked cloth and water. Works well for me.

Mart.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Virosol is very good. I use it with WFP though, I made an extension lance that's attached to a WFP and 5L pump up sprayer. I spray a diluted mixture of about 1:5 leave it for a few minutes and brush it of with pure water.

It's also very good for getting the weeping stains off leaded lights. Get an old microfibre and dip it

10. Sam

Sam Newcomer

Have a look at melamine foam. Amazing stuff, I use it for all my upvc. No chemicals needed.

Advertisement