Recommended reel?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slippy, Apr 30, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

#1 slippy, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    I was trying to find a clover style reel which can be upgraded to be electric later, but can't. Anyone recommend a reel; to be used in car first then later in van (when I get one)? One which has the option of being both manual and electric.

Advertisement
  2. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

How much does it cost to fit the power up to it

4. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

Nothing, you buy it and fit it yourself

5. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Is it easy done? What all do you need it for it

6. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

Not easy for me! I have no mechanical ability and in getting the cog on the motor to aline with the cog on the reel, I destroyed the plastic bushes.
    Goog utube vids to show you how to assemble
    Tony

7. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

What motor and battery did you buy? Could you get a battery powerful enough to be rechargeable and work in car?

I am thinking of getting a reel to take it easier on my injured shoulder, I am worried that putting 25 litre barrels in and out of car is aggravating shoulder and having a reel will help me. Is reeling the microbore in hard on the shoulder? Surely better than lifting barrels in and out.

8. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

slippy i do have a spare/bare hose reel-the clover type
    also a spare electric power up clover reel(jordan offered me a deal i couldn't refuse on a new power up hd)
    both are for sale
    the power up one has been modded for hot water use,recently re powder coated and has new manifold and bushes-essentially a new reel

9. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

I think your jumping the gun a bit here. The reel I listed is really unstable unless secured. Mines screwed to ply on the floor of the van. You can use it outside on the floor, but may not help your back or shoulder.
    It's powered by my battery that powers the pump.
    This is a much lighter reel but you can't make it a power up.
    Claber Lightweight Metal Freestanding Microbore Hose Reel - Lightweight Metal Reels - Hose Reels - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems
    Reeling in isn't that bad, it's just an area I could change and make easier for myself.
    Working from a car and using barrels will take a lot of planning especially with bad shoulders. You may have to delay your start until your shoulder heals.
    Tony

10. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

sent you my details. If you could let me know price etc

Advertisement