Record Book For Customers, What Kind?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by buzzing, Sep 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

If I get customers I will need to know when they need doing, what kind of book should I buy and what should I put in the book?

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

I use aprogramme on my pc mate :) does the job.

use excel mate ?

but just note down the date next due date etc

how often

price

name

phone number

access to back ? is it okay ? u need to call them 1 day ahead etc

u no the score mate

3. Paul

Paul Guest

Just use George and print them off, I also have a hard copy for back up.

I'm not organised enougth to do it with pen and paper I wouldn't know where I am.

Can somebody explain how you use excel to keep details and how you know when
    The cleans are due

4. harunh

harunh Legend

excel would confuse me to be honest

and pen and paper i wouldnt know where to start lol

:p

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I have an a4 page with my regular run on, never need to look at it as I know in my head where I'm going and when. But it's got 4 columns, week 1,2,3,4... Then 5 rows.. MONDAY, tuesday.....

I use a dairy to keep me right for new jobs...

I have a note book with complete round, streets, house numbers and prices..

Then I have another note book with my complete round which I use to keep track of payments..

I keep customers phone numbers in my phone..

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I use to use a diary when I first started and when I did the street just forwarded all the addresses 4 or 5 weeks and had a yellow highlighter to say they were done and a green for paid, draw a sad smiley for unpaid

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Exactly what I do. Do the days work, get the diary work out 6 weeks ahead & put them all on that page. Have a different book of which I have a page for each part of the world i clean in & put in that the people that haven't paid that day. Do that each night. Do 2 diaries, 1 for backup. Maybe old fashioned but I feel safe with pen & paper.

8. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

I have a diary for taking customers name, address, phone numbers, price, start date, how often. Then I have a daily diary with date, address, price, how long its taken, invoiced, paid in full, tips. Then I have it all backed up on the laptop.

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

I left my book in the cafe once worst haft hour of my life. Its good if you have few customers but 50+ and the every other time ones it falls apart I forgot a whole street and remembered about six months later when driving past had a flash back and thought oh dear. I do suggest three forms stored on computer, paper and pen and in the cloud (internet) then if your house burns down you haven't lost everything.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

True

Advertisement