Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weekends & Bank Holidays

With my line of work I tend to fit jobs in on the most convenient dates when customers will be home. Simples...

nice and simple answer is money! lol

personally only bank hoildays i do is ones around chrismas and new year! the rest are just another day, do a few jobs on saturdays but thats only for an hour or 2 untill 9.30am then the rest of the weekend in family day!

I try not to work weekends.. Unless its worth it or I'm way behind. Will work bank holidays as most people are at home!

We get enough days off with the weather!!

I used to work most bank holidays when I was in England. Never had any problems. In Ireland we have more bank holidays, and most people don't expect or want to see me. I work them now only by prior arrangement.

I work Saturdays when I need to catch up, or again, if I've made prior arrangements.

John

Saturdays are a busy day. Got quite a lot of customers who work all week. Sundays good for a couple of office buildings I do because the car park is empty. Also many places Sundays are the only day you can park.

I work most bank holidays as everything is either shut or crazy busy. If bank holiday is Monday, I'll take the Tuesday off instead.

Don't really work weekends

never monday to friday man I am even take two weeks off over chrismas
Now were talking, that's more or less how I play it.
By Friday afternoon I've had enough, the next two days are spent in recovery mode.

Money is the usual incentive, but I've enjoyed reading the other reasons given.

There are no rules, it's each to their own, and long may it stay that way.

Cheers.

rs2315.

The way i see it is this, worked 8is to 5is past 29 years 5 days a week and had weekends off mostly and now work when i have too, though last bank holiday moved all jobs to the tuesday because that day was free. Earn what you can mon-fri and saturday as a bonus

working on bank holidays is good for me cos every1s home and sees me working and come out and want me to clean their windows lol

Back