Reel Brass Swivell

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by johnny bravo, May 22, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

Just fitted my Wintecs brass swivell onto reel ready for my son to have a play about with tomorrow,give me a hand to get used to wfp, anyway fitted it , all happy, turned controller on and SQUIRT, non stop squirting from the side of the swivell, right pished off, have to run upto wilkinsons now to try and find a good hozelock to screw onto reel, sent it back in freepost , hopefully get another decent one back next week. just ordered a pump controller from them, no inline fuse added , Cleaning Spot put one in when i ordered my other one from them, when i stated this they told me theres lots on EBAY for around £2, i asked them if there was anything else i needed to add this up to battery and they stated NO, i know its not much BUT if CLEANING SPOT can do this why cant other companys.
    if this Brass Swivell is **** it will be going back and ill be finished with them, LOL,

Advertisement
  2. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Did you not forget a washer ? Or do they not come with washers ?

3. johnny bravo

doh, washer was in it,:devil:

4. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

what i would of done is add PTFE tape around the joint to seal it insted of sending it back.

5. omg,deja vu
    ive just had one delivered with my order
    fitted it n leaking,took it off and it got a very hard plastic blue washer in.tightened it back up n still leaks,if tighten up ant more,the swivel don't swivel,just spins n tangles up hose,,,,,,,,most annoying :(
    took it off n replaced blue washer with a black rubber tap washer,seems to work

6. johnny bravo

ive fitted an old straight connection onto it that will do for now, all threads are taped as a rule , i have one on my other reel and no problems, had it on for 6 months, it was just faulty.

Advertisement