Reel outside van?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by adamangler, Feb 16, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Ive always used reel in van but thinking it might be better to lift it in and out? it's on left side door so depending how you can get parked it can be difficult to pull hose out as it wraps round van. Plus it's scratching paint off my van doors where it's rubbing. Had it on back in my last van and it was a bit better but that means had to leave door open as it won't shut.

What do you lot prefer in or out?

Advertisement
  2. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

I have internal real mounts as well as ports under van so I can pick and chose on a big job I will get the real out that way I can lock the doors.

Attached Files:

3. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I sometimes have it out, depends on parking and the angle the hose needs to go to get to where I want it, in a ideal world it would stay in the van as it is a pain lifting in and out allday. My ports on the outside of the van, so if it stays in the van I just reach in and plug the short hose length to the port on the bumper.

4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I lift mine out for the handy nest of pointing it whatever way you want, half the time I'd never be able to park the ideal way so lifting he reel out and pointing it is much easier. I'm looking to buy van ports for even more handyness

5. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Lifting in and out is ok, I do it quite a bit as have external ports, but it does get on my wick on busy days, if at all possible on nice estates I put the van in a position where i can leave in the van.

With the aid of under floor rollers/guides, internal reels are best IMO, and even better still would be power reels, something I plan to do this year, keeps the van locked and no need to lug in and out a hose reel with 100m of water filled hose on.

6. adamangler

I might look into putting guides under van, was thinking to put 1 roller at each side under sills with reel central in van and a hole in the floor but how would you feed it to each guide? maybe 2 reels?

might invest in a power up and a remote control but need to work out how to feed it under van

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Been thinking about it myself adamangler I had the idea of fitting 2 reels one either side of the van, set back near my tank then with roller guides one in the van and then in the van floor at the back, then on the reel hose using them foam protector balls to stop the hose coming back in the van between jobs, so just get to a job, reach under the bumper grab hose and away you go. But need some way of then getting the reel hose back in the van at end of the day, perhaps putting a push fit connector a few inches behind the main hose connection, so simply unclick that and the small bit of hose with foam ball on goes in the van till the next day. If you get me lol!

8. adamangler

There must be a way to do it that doesnt involve humping reel in and out or getting it wrapped round van or tyres.

9. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

10. adamangler

cheers HALTON ive ordered one

not sure what the chrome roller is under bumper tho, doesnt look like a roller more like an old towel rail

Advertisement