Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Registering on google maps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve1664

I would like to be able to place my business on google maps in two places but google doesn't allow this. So I could register with HMRC a different name ( sole trader) but my partners residential block does not allow non residents to register a business.
So setting up a new sole trader name is not a problem but looking somewhere to register on google maps is.
Does anybody know a way around this?
Cheers for any helpful suggestions in advance.

@Steve1664 Google is an absolute pain mate. With locations, as far as I'm aware, it has to be two physical business locations if you see what I mean (rather than a home address). So multiple shops, multiple offices etc are all ok, but a residential address can be problematic. You could put a second registration with them with the areas you cover, but it won't have a Google pin (or whatever it's called) at an address on a map, but rather a sort of outlined area of where you cover. I was in a rental where the landlord wouldn't allow a business to be registered like on a map, so I opted for just having the areas I work in outlined instead and still ranked on Google reasonably well, but I did have to jump through quite a few hoops to prove I ran a legitimate business. I think what has happened is there were many fraudulent businesses registered with them so they really tightened it up. There will be people on here that understand the process far more than I do. I'd also recommend the facebook groups as I'm sure similar would have happened to some of the people on there.

@Steve1664 Google is an absolute pain mate. With locations, as far as I'm aware, it has to be two physical business locations if you see what I mean (rather than a home address). So multiple shops, multiple offices etc are all ok, but a residential address can be problematic. You could put a second registration with them with the areas you cover, but it won't have a Google pin (or whatever it's called) at an address on a map, but rather a sort of outlined area of where you cover. I was in a rental where the landlord wouldn't allow a business to be registered like on a map, so I opted for just having the areas I work in outlined instead and still ranked on Google reasonably well, but I did have to jump through quite a few hoops to prove I ran a legitimate business. I think what has happened is there were many fraudulent businesses registered with them so they really tightened it up. There will be people on here that understand the process far more than I do. I'd also recommend the facebook groups as I'm sure similar would have happened to some of the people on there.
Just my luck though, I managed to register without a physical location in the end. I think having a website with the business profile helped a lot.

Just my luck though, I managed to register without a physical location in the end. I think having a website with the business profile helped a lot.
Glad to hear that mate @jaydogg . I had to go through quite a few hoops because I don't have a physical location. I did a free website with Wix and I think that helped just like you say 👍

Latest Posts

Back