Registering/Securing Company Name

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Bluebird/Jimbo, Nov 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Bluebird/Jimbo

Bluebird/Jimbo Newcomer

Hey guys
    need a bit of help with this one. I am currently a sole-trader but want to come up with a company name and put advertising on the van ect.... how do i register the name ? secure it ? make sure the name isnt taken ?
    any help would be great cheers

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

There is no securing a name as a Sole Trader, for example I was 'D Green T/As Green Window Cleaner' during my sole trader days. Anyone else could have used Green Window Cleaner as well as there is nothing to prevent it.

Now I am registered as 'Green Pro Clean Ltd' That's it, if anyone else uses that name they face the wrath of my lawyer in court.

To register yourself as a limited company is not hard, you just go to the Companies house web site and follow instructions. I chose an even easier option and had my accountant do it for me.

If you have a smart accountant you actually pay less taxes as a limited company than you do as a sole trader.

Advertisement