Registering your company name??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Greener, Feb 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

Registering Your Company name?? What are you're thoughts please, worth it or not?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

going Ltd you mean?

3. Greener

No smurf, I have registered myself as sole trader, but want to protect the company name, I have been advised that you can use a company to register the name and then when you receive the paperwork from HRMC you declare the company as dormant, and repeat this process once a year?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I thought the only way you could have a unique trading name that nobody else could use was to be registered as a LTD company.

5. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

I thought once you registered your company name, that was it anyway

6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

would like to hear the answer on this im thinking about registering a name if it is possible just so that if i ever got to the pint of wanting to go ltd it could happen. would be a ***** building up a business for years under a name only to find out theres one already registered lol

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i THINK that whoever is first with the name owns it. long as you can prove it ur ok.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What like clearview maybe :D

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#9 boarcity, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    can recall a case in my local area , where a car guy set up callin himself V.A.G. services . the mighty volkswagen eventually heard of him and he was forced to change to V.A.S. because they had been using it before he was , altho he tried to argue he had been using it before them it was obvious he hadnt as he was only in his 40s

10. Greener

I've been told that if your register your company name as a Ltd business, when you receive the initial letter from HRMC that there is a section that you fill in that states that you have registered the company to protect the name and tgat it is a dormant campeny i.e not trading? I've also been told that if you put one of your flyers and business cards in an envelop and post it to your self, when it turns up DO NOT open it and then if there was a issue you could prove how long you have been trading under that name because the post office stamp the front of the envelope and this stamp shows the date it was stamped? I have done this, however I had to do it again because the first time you couldn't read the date.

Advertisement