Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Signwriting...

What you use for the pole holders Jake, how you fix it to the van?
Grey soil pipes from screwfix and the brackets that are sold seperate, then drill a hole in bulk head with a hole saw for the other end of the pipe to sit through, works a treat!

So green doesn't send me hate mail :rofl:
It's not blanked out on the real thing
for ages iv been meaning to get a stash of biz cards printed up with a false phone number, to give to any enquirer who looks to be a real pest

for ages iv been meaning to get a stash of biz cards printed up with a false phone number, to give to any enquirer who looks to be a real pest
That would be funny, but if they found your website theyd find the real number :eek:

theres a guy in london with a very similar bizness name, hes johnny windows , bleve he moved into carpets after buggering up a knee but still uses his windows moniker , he will be the "scapegoat" now hed not thank me for giving out his number on my falsey cards but needs must!!

only the other week when out leaflettin one of my lads saw a really nice laminated sign pinned to a noticeboard advertizing a rival windie. this sign is now inside my van,the plan is to pin it to a telegraph pole many miles away , drum him up plenty of unwelcome enquiries .

only the other week when out leaflettin one of my lads saw a really nice laminated sign pinned to a noticeboard advertizing a rival windie. this sign is now inside my van,the plan is to pin it to a telegraph pole many miles away , drum him up plenty of unwelcome enquiries .

Lol, be careful, if he finds out it was you, could get nasty...

theres a guy in london with a very similar bizness name, hes johnny windows , bleve he moved into carpets after buggering up a knee but still uses his windows moniker , he will be the "scapegoat" now hed not thank me for giving out his number on my falsey cards but needs must!!
I'd be prepared to pay the site hosting fees for a one page website with just the words "YOU'VE BEEN F***ED OFF!" in huge writing. It might even be be good to add a bit at the bottom saying"If you think you have been fked off in error, please visit this link to voice your complaint______

*click* Redirect to another 1 page site.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST A CNUT, BUT IT TURNS OUT YOU'RE A WHINER TOO!! I DON'T LIKE WHINERS, YOUR FCKING OFF STILL STANDS...NOW DO ONE!!!"

:thumbsup:

Lol, be careful, if he finds out it was you, could get nasty...
i could add onto the details "free 1st clean" , but i wont. what i really want to do is call him up myself , im the classic prospective customer whose just seen his sign at the bottom of East Hill . then possibly call him later with a mexican accent ,i live on the hill and money is no object

i could add onto the details "free 1st clean" , but i wont. what i really want to do is call him up myself , im the classic prospective customer whose just seen his sign at the bottom of East Hill . then possibly call him later with a mexican accent ,i live on the hill and money is no object
Who is he?

this has reminded me,erly on in my career as a windie i was talked down to by a guy who ran an alarm installation biz. i later booked him in a town 20 miles away to measure up my big place for an alarm system . i planned to observe him show up while i was eating my lunch in a cafe nearby.

only i totally forgot about it all [ tho i did book him,whether he turned up i will never know !

this has reminded me,erly on in my career as a windie i was talked down to by a guy who ran an alarm installation biz. i later booked him in a town 20 miles away to measure up my big place for an alarm system . i planned to observe him show up while i was eating my lunch in a cafe nearby.
only i totally forgot about it all [ tho i did book him,whether he turned up i will never know !
Theres nought like a bit of payback, would love to have been a fly on that wall when he turned up with his sales patter to an unsuspecting homeowner.

Some nice looking signwritten vans here! Each has their own style. SPcleaning you got alot of bang for your buck. But adamangler for £40 you got a steal. Pretty sure I will have a go myself as a few of you have done a pretty good job diy-ing it :thumbsup:

Boarcity, unless he has directly done something to you, poor show moving the other windies nice laminated sign :thumbsdown:

This is mine, just been done last week, not completely finished yet, theres some pure water droplets to go all over the blue bottom borders and has to redo a logo on one side as not quite perfect but I'm pretty happy with it, cetainly stands out and plenty of good comments so far from my customers…

View attachment 5054

View attachment 5053

Nice number plate /emoticons/wink.png
Makes more sense now it's signed up, kept getting asked if I fitted and fixed windows when the van was plain with just the number plate!

Get my signwriting vinyl tomorrow, yippee /emoticons/biggrin.png I have ordered it from a local company, not as cheap as online would of been at approx. £200 but comes with 7 year guarantee and they form it to fit the curves on my van and they were recommended and I like their work... Although I will be fitting it myself this weekend to save some money (would of been over double) so its anyones guess as to whether I will be able to maintain their high level of quality! I'll upload some pics of it when its done, just need the weather to hold off for a day or two!

I'm having mine done professionally tomorrow!! £500 Been a windie for 20 years, and just decided to go full hog with it. Had magnetics before which last about 2 years before they start looking shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, let us see it when it's done! Wish I had the money for it but could only afford to do it myself really, so with a choice of do it myself or not at all, had to choose diy.

Nearly done, can't do the back yet as waiting for some scuffs to be touched up from where it was in for repair and they scuffed it up, but until then at least I have something. It will say window cleaning on the back ;-) But as I do carpentry too, wasn't sure what else to call it other than property services, although it does confuse some people. May change it to window cleaning instead of property services down the side one day. It was £180 in the end, this will do me for 6-18 months or as long as needed, with no huge expense lost if I do ever want to change it.

Back