Removing adhesive lead-light strips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by ricoclay, Dec 11, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I had a job the other day where the customer was living in a property that previously had lead-light strips on the windows. I managed to remove all of the remnants, the adhesive and crud that was stuck to these but there were still lines running across the windows where the strips had been. I tried sSwear word!ping these following a clean and there was nothing more to remove off of the windows as they were completely clean. Any ideas of what can be used for what seemed like "glass staining"???

Advertisement
  2. Purus

Purus Guest

I have had that before, and nothing seems to work but repe***ion. I just had to keep going over and over before it came off!!

3. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

I thought so, I said this to the customer and they seemed to accept this but I was worried that I gave them duff info. Thanks ;)

4. Purus

Purus Guest

Well I actually had to do it at my house. Someone had put lead beading to imitate old stained glass windows. I removed it cleanly but there was still the imprint of the lead, and only over time have I managed to remove it with scrubbing. And still in some lights you can still see it slightly!!

5. paint thinner will take it right off

6. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Thanks Col ;)

7. topcats

topcats Guest

pvc cleaner should remove it or use paint thinners or you could try methylated spirits or even turps

Advertisement