Removing Egg Stains

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Jun 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

I got a call yesterday to go do some windows I turned up and the windows had hard stains on them, it must of been egg from months ago the woman had just moved in, I tried Virosol to try budge it no luck, I tried White vinegar no luck, I tried to scrub with a Brillo pad still there never budged it at all, any ideas?????

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

you have to sSwear word!e it off pal, and it can take a while, is it all of them, or just one?

3. laddergarder

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Doesn't budge it mate it looks more stained than anything I tried to sSwear word!e but it doesn't actually feel like your sSwear word!ing anything

5. laddergarder

are you sure its egg?

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh because I got the main part of it off but had a really hard stains behind it

7. laddergarder

who knows mate, I've never came across egg that I couldn't sSwear word!e off. Is it tempered glass, maybe?

I use an under sSwear word!e which grips the blade with two points on one side, then one in the middle on the other, and subsequently bends the blade slightly. So on one side only the corners of the blade touch, and on the other, the middle section of the blade contacts the glass, could it be that maybe?

8. Paul

Paul Guest

No it's not tempered glass, it's beat me anyways I havnt a clue the only thing I can think of is trying to polish it out but havnt a clue what product to use

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

If all else fails my last resort is t-cut but test it first, still takes some scrubbing.

10. laddergarder

you could try steel wool, I have never used it on windows, but I have heard loads of people recommending it in the past. The is little pads you can buy in tesco's with a pink solution absorbed in it, cant remember what they are called, its "bio..." something I think, but I have used them on the glass door of my cooker, and they are very good, they wont scratch or damage the glass.

Advertisement