removing fence paint off upvc and glass

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by chris clean, Jun 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Hi guys had a look through some old threads on this but a few conflicting ideas. So i have a big house to do first clean plus facias gutters conny roof etc. The back door has spots of fence paint all over glass and upvc. I wacked on a nice bit to quote knowing it will take a while but what's your favourite or best way of cleaning this off? Any suggestions appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Scraper , should wipe of the pvc with force , if not use white spirits or cellulose thinners

3. chris clean

Ah ok is white spirit ok on upvc I don't wanna discolour it or anything?!!!

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Scraper with a nice sharp blade for the glass
    Magic sponge wet for upvc
    I once tried to gently scrape paint off upvc frames with a scraper (way back in the numpty days lol) and all it will do is take chunks out of the upvc
    Magic sponge is also good on the glass for just a few spots if it saves swapping to a scraper for just a couple of spots

5. chris clean

Lol have plenty of numpty moments but you live and learn :) cheers for that daveboy I will give it a go with the sponge

6. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

It shouldn't do , I've only ever used it on white

7. chris clean

It's white I'm doing so should be ok if i need to use it then. Maybe I will play it safety first and try on a tiny spot low down first! I know if i was this personni i would have whoever the hell splashed paint all over the door come back and clean it up rather than pay me to do it but I ain't complaining

8. blaze

blaze Member

wet it down first then use a scraper with a sharp blade use acetone for frames

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Acetone makes pvc brittle

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

They should of been more careful when painting the fence, I have one house i do where nearly every pane on there conservatory is splatterd badly, no way am I removing it, unless they ask me and it's ££££

Advertisement