Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley To Reel....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Looking at setting up running of a hose reel instead of a trolley for some houses.

I haven't got the room in this van for both, and I still want to run with a trolley in the back.

So I have plummed in a port on the van, this is a hoselock connecting (under van ports)

So I am looking at a small piece of hose to join from port to a hose reel....

I would like some help on the following.

What hose?

What size 6mm or 8mm. What is the difference. I know size lol.

And what sort of hose reel please?

Thanks guys.

Budget is £100 for hose £100 reel.

Thanks. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Depends how long you want it. If you can get by on 60 meters, 100 quid would get both from gardiners 6mm hose anyway. Did for me. But if 100 meters 8 mm you'll have 20 quid change from your tonne

Is 6mm pole hole? I use aqua dapter hose and I think that is 6mm.

Will any metal hose reel do then. No ultimate one everyone uses?

6mm is the inner diameter, not pole hose. You'll probably find your pole hose is 8 mm od and 4 or 5 id. I've recently got this reel

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/premium-lightweight-metal-freestanding-microbore-hose-reel-cart.html

At the mo, I'm not even using it, still using a cheap plaggy one off market, it needed a spindle and I just took this one, but it is struggling I must admit, but think I could make it last a while with a bit of jiggery pokery. Don't know if that one i linked would hold 100 metres though, but 60 is comfy.

Well 6mm sounds better then.

Thanks for all the help guys.

At least it makes sense now haha.

Making up an order soon. So will choose reel and hose.

Apparently it's easier to push the water through 8 mm than 6. Though you'll be fine with 6. That technicality aside, another case solved /emoticons/smile.png

Jeff forgot to ask. Is it easy to wind up, does

It leak!?

I am assuming you press down your stomach on top and wind up? If you get what I mean.

Well no I just strap the handle and it just sort of hangs there free flow pivoting towards the angle of wind/unwind, this is an old version,
2008_0505CillBrush0225.jpg

Wow epic lol. Seen a video I think of this trolley. Is it remote controlled ? (Golf cart?)
Yes stuck a Maplins/Swan remote on all my pumps' date=' here is how I use two bits of wood and a plank to mount anybackpack with a bungee hooked around.The hoZelock cartridge is just tied on [img']http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/JeffBrimble/photo-9.jpg[/img] also in pic are an M16 and a Blue Diamond modular

I was nearly buying a second hand electric golf trolley to make my trolley lol... Good job jeff.. What poles are they you have got? In second photo?

Well I have been reading up on reels and decided on one. Should be here Tom. It's microbore frame looks like a 50p coin lol.

Latest Posts

Back