Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Render acting strange

Baldmonkey

Hi guys just a quick one, did a render about a month ago. Its one of my window customers, anyway she messaged saying will you have a look at the render when you clean the windows next as there is a lot of dust coming off... Normal i thought, you get some.. Anyway i took a picture and there is a lot of dust and risidual render coming off. This will be my 18th render clean and ive not seen this much come off before.. Is this normal or have you any thoughts, thanks

Attachments

• IMG20220728121239.jpg
    IMG20220728121239.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 34
Hi guys just a quick one, did a render about a month ago. Its one of my window customers, anyway she messaged saying will you have a look at the render when you clean the windows next as there is a lot of dust coming off... Normal i thought, you get some.. Anyway i took a picture and there is a lot of dust and risidual render coming off. This will be my 18th render clean and ive not seen this much come off before.. Is this normal or have you any thoughts, thanks
What did you clean it with ?..

Hi @Pjj i used a hypo mix (ratio 1/5) left it to dwell for 25 minutes and rinsed, came up great and all the spores went...not sure as to why this one is shedding some much..thanks for the reply mate
What type of render is it ? Painted cement , k rend ? I have never seen that happen before , sometimes if paint is old you will get a milky water come off the surface but never seen flaking surface like that ,very strange

Might just be a South facing wall and the clean released the coating dust on it. Nothing to worry about. Another thing I have notice is a wasps nest. The customer sprays the area with that white dust so the wasps can take it into the nest and destroy them. Then we come along and clean the area and all this white milky dust appears from nowhere so we end up cleaning the area till the milky residue runs clear.

What type of render is it ? Painted cement , k rend ? I have never seen that happen before , sometimes if paint is old you will get a milky water come off the surface but never seen flaking surface like that ,very strange
It looks like k rend, not painted but kinda rubs off like sand in some areas, i take it this is just the render and not the job ive done? If you havent seen it pjj im bloody lost ???

It looks like k rend, not painted but kinda rubs off like sand in some areas, i take it this is just the render and not the job ive done? If you havent seen it pjj im bloody lost ???
Usually if you scrub and rinse k rend you will get a bit of coloured water with a bit of sand but nothing like your picture

I guess im going to have to put it down to the render itself, probably give it a good thorough rinse down and see what happens, if i remember rightly i didnt have access to a tap/hose and had to use onboard water to give it a rinse, took a while but it was rinsed down but with no power/large flow may need a goos rinse.
Next doors is brand new render and jas dropped render on the floor but different colour shades

Another very thorough rinsing sounds like a good idea.
Does the customer know anything about who did the render originally? i.e. someone you can contact to find out more? Although . . . .

I'm all for helping customers and going the extra mile and often put myself to a great deal more hassle than I need to. Some may appreciate it but often they don't and there comes the point where you have to say enough. Not my problem. As long as there's no way it can be attributed to you anything else to do with the house is down to the customer. If they're bothered about it let them play detective in their own time.

Another very thorough rinsing sounds like a good idea.
Does the customer know anything about who did the render originally? i.e. someone you can contact to find out more? Although . . . .

I'm all for helping customers and going the extra mile and often put myself to a great deal more hassle than I need to. Some may appreciate it but often they don't and there comes the point where you have to say enough. Not my problem. As long as there's no way it can be attributed to you anything else to do with the house is down to the customer. If they're bothered about it let them play detective in their own time.
Thanks for the reply @K in Kent ive organised to go and give it a thorough rinse on friday and completely agree there is only so far you can help, but shes a window customer so gets more latitude than others ?

Thanks for the reply @K in Kent ive organised to go and give it a thorough rinse on friday and completely agree there is only so far you can help, but shes a window customer so gets more latitude than others ?
Yes fair comment. I can understand you putting in the effort for a regular customer. I only mentioned it because I've wasted so much time myself trying to help people with things that aren't my responsibility, but there's no appreciation whatsoever. I don't just mean financially, I mean people more than happy to take advantage of your good nature and want you doing for free what they'd have to pay for from anyone else....but of course there are plenty of decent people out there too!

Yes fair comment. I can understand you putting in the effort for a regular customer. I only mentioned it because I've wasted so much time myself trying to help people with things that aren't my responsibility, but there's no appreciation whatsoever. I don't just mean financially, I mean people more than happy to take advantage of your good nature and want you doing for free what they'd have to pay for from anyone else....but of course there are plenty of decent people out there too!
We used to find it's the people who you bend over backwards for the most for that appreciate it the least!

Back