Renting rounds

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Mhindlewcs, Dec 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mhindlewcs

Mhindlewcs Member

I currently have 2 rounds and getting abit too busy so thinking of renting 1 of them out. What is a fair percentage to rent a round out at?? Taking into consideration I will be supplying the van and insurance to the of that last renting it ???

Advertisement
  2. Mhindlewcs

Mhindlewcs Member

** To the lad who's renting it

3. David K

David K Forum Addict

Well in Denmark we usually get 80 % if we do another guys work , WITH own van and materials. In your case I would give him 65 % and 35 to you ..

4. Damo

Damo Guru

So your supply van,tools and work.

Good luck with that lol.

He would be classed as employed.

60/40 70/30 is usually the split.

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I have 2 vans and 2 rounds. I only take 20% of my mate Danny and any new work he picks up he takes the whole amount. I realise this is generous, but he never, ever lets me down, he earns good money, so were both happy bunnies:thumbsup:

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Your gear your insurance your rounds. The tax man WILL consider him an employee as Damo has said.

I would not rent out my rounds. I will take on employees under good pay and conditions to help ensure loyalty.

7. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought that would be classed as an employee, although if he set up his own business he could be classed as a sub-contractor even if he uses your van and equipment while working.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

No mate, from my accountants mouth, if he is a labor only sub (using your gear) you will have to hold all the insurances etc and will also most likely be liable for his taxes.

If he is a bona fide sub, using all his own gear and just doing the jobs for you then you should be OK.

However, hiring an accountant cost £150 per year to do your books, then if you want them to do monthly payroll for you it's about £30 per month, so why not simply pay someone (accountant) to deal with all the employee wage side for you instead of simply trying to use clever phrasing to get around having to deal with the paperwork?

If business is as good as you say I cant see why you aren't just hiring him as an employee on a good package less the the £40 per month for insurances and £30 per month for accounts.

If he ever decides to be a **** and you fall out at least as an employee you can just boot him out, if you are 'renting' him something and you fall out he may try to lay claims to your round.

9. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

I don't see why if he's using your equipment as a sub contractor would make any difference as he would be liable for his own tax and insurance as he would have his own company but I'm not an accountant so I'll take your word for it, tax and all that stuff is a mystery to me that's why I also got myself an accountant last month.

10. lou

lou Active Member

Sta

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

Advertisement