Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a morning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

alfie92

Set off this morning with the days job sheet and a full tank and the sun was out. Soon as I get to my van there is a don't at the back door and paint missing which wasn't there yesterday [emoji35].

I carried on thinking it's only a scratch but god no one gives a damm about anyone else's things and someone has done that knowingly and drove off.

Anyways I get half way through the mornings works and wind my hose in and get in my van and thought something is a miss and the job sheet isn't there. I look around the van just incase it fell on the floor and as I'm looking noticed my change tub has gone too.

I knew there was another window cleaner on the round as I heard his ladders clanging around and straight away I thought off him when I couldn't find these sheets.

Soon as I thought it was him he comes walking around the corner happy as punch. I get out my van and ask him where my sheets and money is and he says he hasn't a clue. Little does he know the dummy my van was parked outside a house with 10 cameras on which I made him aware off. Straight away he pulled out my work sheet crumbled up and said he didn't know nothing about my money.

He said he had took pictures off my work, god knows what for but why did he want to go in my van and do what he has done.

I've rang the police and they went to find him but said they couldn't do I went up and found his bloody bucket in 2 seconds.

What would you lot have done????

I thought keep calm I've got a lot more to lose than this tit

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited:
LMAO I read all that then what would you do "lock my van" sorry Alfie that tickled me.

I would have gone mad, I have to be honest I would have either had a go at him or rang the police why he was standing in front of me, I would want to know his name and address and that would have been war.

Once someone broke into my van, they did several vehicles down the street, to know some1 else was in my van made me livid!!

Put the word on the street and got my stuff back, was told they were young lads and know1 would tell me their names but I got my stuff back, I would not have remained calm!

And soon as he pulled the work sheet out I think I would have snapped and swung for him. Going in your van and stealing things is crossing the line.

I would have left him in no doubt that he was taking the **** and any more of these shenanigans and I would beat him to death with his squeegee.

But lock your van.

I can't actually believe that has happened to you I would be seething I'd want blood lol

i have only ever been robbed once in this job and that was by a other window cleaner

That's terrible, why don't you go back to the area and knock on the doors, find out who he is, let them know why, then go to his home and see him. If he will steal from you, he will steal from his customers, they need rid of him. Your van should have been locked, but that does not give someone the right to go in, that's disgusting.

What a scumbag. I know what I would like to do to him if it was me but I guess rather than dropping yourself in the **** with the old bill there's other ways to take him down and I'd be starting by making sure his customers know what he gets up too.

That's bad. Have to say leaving £ in the van is silly. I keep all cash in my pocket, van gets locked soon as pump is turned on. I trust no one.

Keep your calm. Prosecute and then when he's all over the local paper you've got most of his customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It was just lose change that I made up to go to the pub with tonight so change to notes as I do it every week but yes no excuse on the locked van side of it. I just got use to trusting the world but I suppose you can't trust know one these days.

Police couldn't see past there noses and never found him on that estate even though his van was still there and bucket at the end of the house driveway. Don't know why we bother paying our council tax towards them.

They did say they they'd go and see the cctv footage from the house on Tuesday and see what they can see and I've given them his reg number. I've also spoken to other window cleaners in the area and showed them his mug shot and got him traced already. Just need the police to hopefully do there job now. At least the silly tit have me my job sheet back... *****

Set off this morning with the days job sheet and a full tank and the sun was out. Soon as I get to my van there is a don't at the back door and paint missing which wasn't there yesterday [emoji35].
I carried on thinking it's only a scratch but god no one gives a damm about anyone else's things and someone has done that knowingly and drove off.

Anyways I get half way through the mornings works and wind my hose in and get in my van and thought something is a miss and the job sheet isn't there. I look around the van just incase it fell on the floor and as I'm looking noticed my change tub has gone too.

I knew there was another window cleaner on the round as I heard his ladders clanging around and straight away I thought off him when I couldn't find these sheets.

Soon as I thought it was him he comes walking around the corner happy as punch. I get out my van and ask him where my sheets and money is and he says he hasn't a clue. Little does he know the dummy my van was parked outside a house with 10 cameras on which I made him aware off. Straight away he pulled out my work sheet crumbled up and said he didn't know nothing about my money.

He said he had took pictures off my work, god knows what for but why did he want to go in my van and do what he has done.

I've rang the police and they went to find him but said they couldn't do I went up and found his bloody bucket in 2 seconds.

What would you lot have done????

I thought keep calm I've got a lot more to lose than this tit

Top man Alfie

I think you handled it well under the circumstances - all of a sudden you are in a situation where you are not sure what has really happened and although it all points to the perpetrator you can feel mixed feelings.

Clearly keep your van locked and clearly keep your head clear from smashing this guy. Even if he deserves it - it works out favourably for you the way you handled it.

I've had my van broken in to A few times. It's never nice.

First time was a brick through the window to steal my float because I'd left it in there by accident - £250 for the new glass and a day off for the sake of £30 in change.

The second I'd left the windows down on a hot day and someone nicked all my gym kit out of the back (£150 pair of headphones, brand new trainers £100, bottle of Hugo boss aftershave at £60 were inside my bag along with the other stuff).

Both were my fault and neither had anything done by the police.

Third was someone breaking the back door lock whilst I was parked out shopping. Nothing got taken that time but still cost me £80 for the new locking mechanism.

Rule learnt by me since then - don't keep anything on display and keep the damn thing locked at all times. When I got my new van this year I paid for the hoses to be mounted under the bumper. I grab my pole and cones, lock the doors and walk off. Nothing to see on display which hopefully means no one trying their luck.

Proper shitty day for you - those kinds of times make you hate humanity and wonder why you bother. Do what you can to reduce your risk and that other window cleaner will get his kharma soon enough - they always do.

Chin up pal.

I think we always learn from our mistakes. Not including this one but in the last month my van has been broken in to twice 1st thing in the morning around 5-6am, I know because it's parked at the back where my bedroom is and I've had to run out. Luckily enough everything is bolted down and I'm glad they've not took the poles etc as they are Gardiner and we all know they aren't cheap but worth it.

You can't have anything anymore. There not bothered it costs us money to buy these things they steal and replace them, they have no morals what so ever. But they do it because they get away with it. 1st time I rang the police and they didn't come out, 2nd I never even bothered and thought what's the point.

Winging session over.

Everyone given themselves a good long weekend break?

Have a good Easter we deserve it

Back