Resanding block pavers

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Smurf, Mar 30, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Did a patio block paver clean in October last year and got paid in full but did not get around to resanding until today due to bad weather. Now that has to be a record :D

Advertisement
  2. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Presumably you gave the customer some technical spiel that to sand in the spring would be more beneficial than doing it in the winter...!!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would not have minded but the patio area was covered in pine needles and other **** where they could not be arsed to keep it clean moss was started to grow in the joints.
    So a simple resanding job took me 3 hours to do as had to remove some moss and weeds from the joints.

At lesat I had the hindsight to buy a brass paving joint brush on a pole that worked quite well

Also had to use a paving knife to get out the stubborn weeds.
    [​IMG]

but forgot me blower...Oops!:(

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

To be honest I was hoping they had lost my phone number but at least I got a £20 tip at the end of the job :D

5. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Been getting me own patio ready for power washing could have done with them tools to day right pain getting the moss out, thought it would be better getting out before washing less to clean up at the end.? any way done now ready for cleaning next week if I get time, it wont be to your standard though smurf...lol it will be a quick once over..I hope

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

How is the pressure washing side of things going for you Shiny ?

7. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

dont do it as part of the business mate, today was just sorting me own out, only got a crappy karcher would nt be any good for doing paid work with..wouldn't think.
    I have thought about doing it as a add on but really don't want to be spending the money on the right equipment at the moment

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I understand where you are coming from Shiny as can be very expensive to setup but can also be very rewarding not just in monetary terms.:thumbsup:

9. TolishAPurd

Bloody hell! How did they afford a £20 tip after they had to re mortgage thier house to pay you for the job???! :D

You must be getting good whether where you are mate, its far too damp here for resanding at the moment.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well the work I do sort of speaks for itself really:thumbsup:
    Lucky for me has been dry for the last 48 hours....
    Driveway Cleaning Example Before & After.jpg

Advertisement